Raleigh-Durham, NC – May 11, 2021 – Avaya (NYSE: AVYA), a global leader in solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration, today announced it has been identified as a Leader in The Aragon Research Globe for Video Conferencing 2021. Avaya is providing customers with digital workplace solutions built on the understanding that work is not just what is done within a meeting, but also the before and after.
Video meeting use at home is skyrocketing – with huge numbers of remote workers adopting video communications since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, research shows that many workers are struggling with using their video meeting tools – and this is impacting productivity. Avaya OneCloud™ UCaaS solutions have transformed the traditional video meeting to enable always-on collaboration, helping businesses meet the challenges of an unpredictable, work-from-anywhere world with continuous, multiexperience collaboration. Avaya is empowering cross-functional teams to collaborate across departments and locations in ways that help avoid video call fatigue associated with most video apps.
Avaya’s vision for evolving video conferencing into workstream collaboration solutions, we feel, is what has propelled the company deep into the Aragon Leaders sector. According to the report1, authored by Aragon Research lead analyst Jim Lundy, “Avaya continued to invest and innovate in collaboration in 2020 making a number of moves to strengthen its overall portfolio.” We believe that the following features contributed to our placement in the report:
- Avaya Spaces™, an intelligent video meeting platform that is integrated with team collaboration and is complimented through Avaya’s partnership with NVIDIA providing enhanced, AI-powered video capabilities for both low bandwidth and high-quality, more engaging meetings. Avaya is first to market with these upgraded capabilities and offers a smoother, immersive video experience that is noticeable to users.
- Avaya Cloud Office by RingCentral continues to make traction with its large install base and Avaya is one of the few providers whose room-based systems support 4K video.
- Avaya’s integrations with Apple, Google, Microsoft Teams and Office, and Salesforce/Slack are attracting new customers. Avaya has made AI part of its overall UCC focus and its partnership with NVIDIA to integrate leading-edge AI into Avaya Spaces is a move that others will most likely emulate.
“2020 will be remembered as the year that video conferencing overtook audio conferencing as the preferred communications interface for people to connect and meet,” said Jim Lundy, CEO and Lead Analyst, Aragon Research. “Hybrid work continues to become the new normal and many associates will always now work remotely. With the shift to a focus on video meetings, Avaya is well positioned to meet the needs of enterprises with its growing portfolio of intelligent video offerings.”
“Avaya is helping organizations globally move forward into the new world of work, which is increasingly unplanned, dynamic and more collaborative—and work is now conducted anywhere and everywhere,” said Anthony Bartolo, Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer, Avaya. “Organizations and their customers depend on workstream collaboration solutions that are reliable, secure and deliver great experiences, whether employees are in the office, home or mobile. Avaya helps empower businesses with flexible, always-on, continuous collaboration providing exceptional experiences for this new work nucleus.”
The Aragon Research Globe is a market evaluation tool that graphically depicts Aragon Research’s evaluation of a specific market and its component vendors. Aragon Research examined 21 major providers in a market that focuses on all forms of collaboration and communication based on its three dimensions of analysis: strategy, performance, and reach. “Leaders” are noted as having comprehensive strategies that align with industry direction and market demand and perform effectively against those strategies.
1Aragon Research. The Aragon Research Globe for Video Conferencing, 2021 by Jim Lundy. April 2021
- Read the full report, The Aragon Research Globe™ for Video Conferencing, 2021.
- Learn more about Avaya OneCloud UCaaS solutions.
- Read our blog, As Avaya Redefines Video Conferencing, Aragon Research Names Them a Leader.
- Check out the Five Key Benefits of Moving Unified Communications to the Cloud.
- Learn the Best Practices for Managing a Remote Workforce.
Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and everyday millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what's next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter. Learn more at http://www.avaya.com
Aragon Research Globe Disclaimer
Aragon Research does not endorse vendors, or their products or services that are referenced in its research publications, and does not advise users to select those vendors that are rated the highest. Aragon Research publications consist of the opinions of Aragon Research and Advisory Services organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Aragon Research provides its research publications and the information contained in them "AS IS," without warranty of any kind.