Avaya SDN Fx helps Hillsong Church improve the experience it delivers weekly to 45,000 members at 22 Sites, plus another 30,000 viewing online
Santa Clara, Calif. - Aug. 23, 2016 - Avaya today announced that Hillsong Church has implemented an Avaya SDN Fx network architecture to enable its nationwide campuses to deliver high-quality services to all major locations. Following numerous outages and dropouts with its legacy network, Hillsong looked for a new way to improve the experience it delivers to 45,000 people every week. Research, workshops and assistance from Avaya Platinum Partner, AGC Networks, led the organization to Avaya SDN Fx networking architecture.
The new Avaya SDN Fx network provides a flexible core that is easy to adapt and scale, and supports major changes at any time without interruption. The network delivers the following benefits and value to Hillsong:
- A fully virtualized network that enables reliable delivery of highly-secure digital services, including broadcasts, video surveillance, IP telephony and administration systems, & carrier grade feature sets, such as providing transit services for its own internet backbone
- Hillsong can now make changes to and additions of services in the network through quick provisioning without interrupting day-to-day operations
- IT can set-up a new IP-based multicast virtual network to support a temporary video feed in minutes, rather than being forced to schedule broadcasts far in advance
- The ability to create interactive sessions between multiple sites simultaneously; the church can share live, HD video streams between all sites at the same time, so any campus can view services at another location simply pushing a button to select another site’s source to the local site’s destination
- With video on demand, there is no need for complex set-up procedures, allowing members at the nation-wide locations to connect at any time without being restricted by technology or geography.
To learn more about Hillsong’s implementation of Avaya SDN Fx, click here
“Using Avaya SDN Fx, we are able to provide reliable multicast video to 45,000 people each week right across Australia. With on-demand access to real-time streams from all our sites, the regional campuses can stay connected, and our wider community stays engaged.”
— Ricki Cook, Creative Technology, Hillsong Church
Hillsong is a multi-site Pentecostal church with campuses in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Newcastle, Gold Coast and Noosa. Its 22 Australian sites host more than 45,000 attendees each week, with another 30,000 using its online streaming or watching internationally via the Hillsong Channel www.hillsong.com/.
Avaya is a leading provider of solutions that enable customer and team engagement across multiple channels and devices for better customer experience, increased productivity and enhanced financial performance. Its world-class contact center and unified communications technologies and services are available in a wide variety of flexible on-premises and cloud deployment options that seamlessly integrate with non-Avaya applications. Avaya Breeze enables third parties to create and customize business applications for competitive advantage. The Avaya fabric-based networking solutions help simplify and accelerate the deployment of business critical applications and services. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may be forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these are reasonable, such forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results to differ materially from any future results expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
All trademarks identified by ®, TM, or SM are registered marks, trademarks, and service marks, respectively, of Avaya Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners