Spaces Service Description Document
Last Update: Jun 22, 2018
The Avaya Spaces service provides an online space for teams to create unlimited rooms where users can message, share content and engage in voice or video real time communications. The Avaya Spaces service is accessible from any Avaya Spaces mobile or browser client. Additional features are available, depending on the purchased license selection or bundled offers with other Avaya Cloud services or applications.
|Features and Functionality|
X = included
O = add-on option
- = not included
|Space Creation and Management||X||X||X|
|Single Sign On (Avaya Cloud Identity)||X||X||X|
1 online support request per month for Basic, 5 for Team, Unlimited for Business
|X (1)||X (5)||X (∞)|
|Live Support (Phone)||-||-||X|
|Web Application Access||X||X||X|
|Mobile Application Access
Available for Android and Apple iOS mobile devices
Up to 1 GB at Basic tier and Unlimited* at Team and Business tiers
|X (1GB)||X (∞)||X (∞)|
|Shared File Previews**||-||X||X|
|Group Task Management||-||X||X|
|Online Voice Conference
Up to 5 simultaneous participants at Basic tier, 25 at Team, 60 at Business tiers
|X (5)||X (25)||X (60)|
|Direct Online Video Calling
1-on-1 video calling with other Avaya Spaces users
|Online Video Conference
Up to 15 simultaneous participants at Team, 25 at Business
|-||X (15)||X (25)|
|Dial-in Capabilities for Online Conferences
Phone number provided for participants to join Online Conference
(Agenda, Outlook Plug-in, Google Calendar extension & more)
|Application Programming Interface (API)||X||X||X|
|Avaya Spaces chrome extension/Outlook/O365 add-on support||-||X||X|
*Unlimited File Sharing feature governed by fair usage clauses in Terms of Service; limited to 200 GB per user
**File previews not available for all file formats (primarily images, Office documents and PDFs are supported)
Purchasing and Licensing
Pricing for Avaya Spaces is based on a per user per month cost model and a free tier is provided. All new Avaya Spaces accounts will be given a trial license at the Team level for a period of no more than 90 days before reverting to the free tier unless a license purchase is made. The 90 day trial is available and valid only once per Avaya Cloud Identity account and its associated e-mail address. Pricing, which is subject to change, is publicly available on the Avaya Spaces landing page located at https://www.avaya.com/en/products/avaya-spaces.
Avaya Spaces is an active solution in the Avaya Cloud Partner Program for both referral and sales agents (“Avaya Cloud Partners”). Avaya Cloud Partners will be compensated according to their program agreement document. If you purchased Avaya Spaces with the assistance of a Avaya Cloud Sales Agent Partner the initial administration, configuration and onboarding of Avaya Spaces will be performed by the Avaya Cloud Sales Agent Partner and not Avaya Cloud directly.
Collection and Use of Information
When you sign up to use Avaya Spaces, we collect personal information about you, including your name, email address, and profile picture, in addition to a password. We may also collect the name of your employer. We use the described information to enroll you in Avaya Spaces, to display your identity to other users, to notify you about features and updates, to understand how the service is used, to send you marketing communications, and to make improvements to the service and other Avaya Cloud products and services. If you sign up for Avaya Spaces using your work email address, your information will be visible to other users who have the same email domain. When you invite other users to join Avaya Spaces by providing us with their email addresses, we retain those email addresses.
User Generated Information
We collect and retain personal information and other information you upload, provide, or create while using the service (described as “User Generated Information”), including information related to:
- Spaces: Activity recorded in the Avaya Space (such as joining or leaving), including activity related to third-party integrations, together with the date, time, person engaged in the activity, the Spaces subject or title, and other participants in the Space
- Messages: Message content, sender and recipients, date, time, and read receipts
- Content shared: Files and file names, sizes, and types
- Voice/Video Conferences: Conference participants, date, time, and duration. We route audio and video call content and screen sharing content between call participants but we do not retain or store the content unless an explicit conference recording feature is used by the user
- Meeting invitations: Date, time, participants, and invitation content
Securing your Information
Avaya Spaces uses multiple security approaches to protect your data.
Client access leveraging OAuth2 Authorization
3-legged OAuth 2.0 protocol is the industry recommended approach for third party applications to authenticate and gain authorization from users to access account information and APIs from cloud or hosted services such as Google Apps, Salesforce.com and others. Avaya Cloud has implemented Single Sign-On (SSO) and API access leveraging this method for all client applications including Avaya Spaces. Avaya Cloud supports OAuth authorization flows with several cloud application offerings, as well as the Avaya Cloud Identity cloud based OAuth authorization provider.
Media encryption is used to protect the audio, video, and screen sharing data that you transmit during a call or conference. When you make a call, media is encrypted from your device to our servers. It is decrypted on our servers so that we can manage the call. It is re-encrypted before being sent to the other participants on the call unless they are connected via the public telephone network (dial in feature). We do not store any call audio, video, or screen sharing data on our servers unless explicitly actioned by a user with recording features. Transport Encryption Transport encryption (also known as HTTPS) is used to protect all connections to and from Avaya Spaces other than voice/video calls. When you register for Avaya Spaces, send messages, share content, connect with third-party services or applications via integrations or otherwise connect to our service, we always use transport encryption.
Mobile and Browser Permissions
Avaya Spaces makes use of a number of features available on mobile device and web browser platforms to support the Avaya Spaces collaboration experience. Depending on which mobile or browser platform you use and which features you use, your application may request or automatically obtain some or all of the following permissions:
- Phone, microphone, camera, and audio recording: Avaya Spaces uses access to your device’s phone interface, microphone, and camera to allow you to make audio and video calls. On some devices, the mobile device platform also requires that audio recording permission be obtained so that you can make calls (although we do not automatically record audio). Avaya Spaces will only make use of these permissions when you choose to initiate or receive a call. Camera access is also used to allow you to take photos and share them in a Avaya Space
- Screen sharing: Avaya Spaces needs screen sharing permission to allow you to share your screen with other users during a call. Avaya Spaces will only share the screen content that you specify when initiating the action and will only share it with the other users on the call
- Files and photos: To make it possible for you to share files and photos with other users, Avaya Spaces requires permission to access files and photos stored on your device
- Push notifications: You can choose to allow Avaya Spaces to notify you about new messages and other activity even when you do not have the application open. Required user information is shared with third party push notification services and mobile operators when users allow push notifications
Support and Service
Avaya Cloud provides multiple levels of support depending on user license level. Online support is available to any user by e-mail. Live support (via voice or chat) is available and provided to those customers at the non-free tiers of Avaya Spaces. Contact Information:
Product Issues or Feature Suggestions: email@example.com
General Avaya Cloud Support: https://www.avaya.com/en/about-avaya/contacts/
When you use the "Help + Feedback" feature of Avaya Spaces or, choose to send a problem report or logs from a device, logs of your activity are automatically shared with us so that we can provide technical support and make product improvements. No content or message text that you send or receive is shared with us, unless you choose to include optional screenshots that display messages or content. The logs are stored unencrypted on your device and, together with screen shots, are sent to us using e-mail from the device being troubleshooted.