- Global customers now onboarding as joint implementations demonstrate enhanced customer experience
- Avaya and Google continue to work jointly together to expand AI capabilities
Santa Clara, Calif. – November 14, 2019 – Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA), a global leader in solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration, today announced that key Google Cloud Contact Center (CC) AI capabilities integrated with Avaya IX Contact Center solutions are now available for global customers. The powerful combination of Avaya AI conversation services and Google Cloud CC AI are providing a better experience for clients by seamlessly blending automated and assisted experiences throughout a customer’s interaction with the contact center.
Avaya IX Contact Center is an AI-enhanced solution including voice, email, chat and mobile communications to make customer engagement a competitive advantage that drives growth and brand preference.
Key new features being enabled now in Avaya IX Contact Center through integration with Google Cloud CC AI include:
- Virtual Agents – Human-like automated bots which seamlessly interact with customers, offloading the live agents’ utilization until the optimal time and then transferring all context gathered to the agent. Avaya captures the intent, actions and ultimate disposition of each interaction in real-time, to decide the best path in future customer engagement. Virtual agent capabilities are enabled through integration of Google CC AI Dialogflow with Avaya Experience Portal. While virtual bots are ubiquitous, they lack essential capabilities for effectively interacting with customers. Avaya integrated with Google CC AI has evolved virtual bots into virtual agents, with more human-like, intelligent responsiveness.
Together, Avaya and Google are providing customers with increased flexibility, efficiency and scalability in deploying powerful and simple communication and collaboration solutions, and the two companies are working closely together to extend their integration to additional capabilities, including:
- Agent Assist – Avaya AI algorithms can be applied to Google Contact Center AI to determine the next best action by the agent, delivering the right information and enhancing the customer experience – while increasing agent satisfaction and contact center efficiency.
- Conversational Topic Modeling – Google Topic Modeling combined with Avaya AI enables agents to leverage real-time visibility of topics with each conversation turn. Through this valuable insight, recommended responses and best actions can be uniquely tailored to drive desired outcomes.
Avaya expects both Agent Assist and Conversational Topic Modeling to be available for global customers in the first half of 2020.
“Avaya is extending its leadership in leveraging AI to improve customer experience with more personalized, intelligent and insightful interactions that can reduce complexity in the myriad interactions that can impact traditional contact center effectiveness,” said Chris McGugan, Avaya SVP, Solutions & Technology. “This includes embedding Google Deep Machine Learning AI within with Avaya’s conversation engine powering the contact center, enabling easy integration of AI capabilities regardless of channel, promoting a consistent and intelligent end-to-end experience for customers and delivering true omnichannel experiences with AI.”
“When properly designed, intelligent Virtual Agents for self-service customer engagement can improve the customer experience while decreasing contact center costs and increasing net promoter score,” said E. Brent Kelly, Ph.D., Principal Analyst & Consultant, KelCor, Inc. “Google CCAI is democratizing the use of conversational artificial intelligence in the contact center, and the capabilities of Avaya IX Contact Center integrated with Google’s AI will enhance the contact center’s business logic and flows."