Orlando, FL – HIMSS 2019 – February 12, 2019 – Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE:AVYA), a leading provider of communications solutions for the healthcare industry, today introduced Avaya IX Attendant Solution for Healthcare, leveraging the power of unified communications to give hospital personnel the ability to quickly and efficiently manage, locate, and communicate with staff and departments, patient rooms, and codes, all from a single application with streamlined workflows and media channels they choose.
A patient’s care team must be able to coordinate treatment effectively and efficiently to provide high-quality care. Yet the tools care teams today often rely upon are still paper, sticky notes, faxes, and a multitude of screens and applications to manage critical communication needs. Avaya is digitally transforming these antiquated processes and providing healthcare systems with a powerful, visual, easy-to-use, web-based tool.
“Patient experience is top-of mind at Scripps Health,” said Christian AbouJaoude, Sr. Director Enterprise Architecture, Scripps Health. “Our main goal this year is to innovate in the way we deliver healthcare. The Avaya communications platform allows us to improve collaboration among the care teams, and with our patients, resulting in improved more efficient operations leading to a positive patient experience.”
Avaya IX Attendant Solution for Healthcare, part of the Avaya Intelligent Experiences (IX) communications platform, now enables healthcare personnel to better coordinate care team activities, resulting in superior patient care and better experiences for patients and their families.
Key benefits of Avaya IX Attendant Solution for Healthcare:
- Web-based environment can easily search departments, named staff, on-call staff, and patient bed assignments from a single interface to better manage and understand which doctors and nurses are available at any given moment and locate patients quickly and easily.
- Enables hospital staff to simply set up on-call schedules plus identify and resolve schedule gaps with click-to-call, text or email notification based on preferred methods of contact.
- Intuitive bed management and tracking including point-and-click bed management rules and availability, preference setting for VIP and do-not-call patients, and physician instructions now at the fingertips of the care team.
- Incoming calls visually show details and contextual history, reducing the caller’s time in queue and helping to ensure the call is correctly routed the first time.
- Staff are contacted over their media of choice, with more control and context over their availability, keeping them aware of their on-call obligations and improving responsiveness to patient and care team member calls.
- Provides streamlined workflow for codes when every moment matters, and provides closed loop communications to help ensure that codes are being addressed.
- Integrates with existing bed management – EHR systems and IoT and Security infrastructure.
“A flexible communications solution is critically important to the successful digital transformation of health care systems, which are relied upon to provide life-saving care for patients,” said Tara Mahoney, Senior Director, Global Healthcare Practice Leader, Avaya. “Avaya IX Attendant for Healthcare connects people with context they need to optimize operations and reduce risk. Improved communication will positively impact the efficiency of the organization, along with helping to improve the patient experience.”
“One of the exciting aspects of our partnership with Avaya is championing innovation by working closely together to define the requirements and participate in the development process of their new Avaya IX Attendant for Healthcare, which we plan to deploy in the March timeframe,” added AbouJaoude. “Our internal business partners are heavily involved in this development process and they are witnessing their ideas transform and come to life in the software. This is one of the most rewarding experiences any IT professional can hope for.”
To learn more about Avaya’s Healthcare solutions visit us at booth #6541 at the HIMSS Global Conference & Exhibition 2019 at the Orange County Convention and Exhibition Center in Orlando, FL from February 11-15.
For more information about Avaya Healthcare solutions:
Businesses are built on the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are built by Avaya (NYSE: AVYA). For over one hundred years, we’ve enabled organizations around the globe to win – by creating intelligent communications experiences for customers and employees. Avaya builds open, converged and innovative solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration – in the cloud, on-premise or a hybrid of both. To grow your business, we’re committed to innovation, partnership, and a relentless focus on what’s next. We’re the technology company you trust to help you deliver Experiences that Matter. Visit us at www.avaya.com.
About Scripps Health
Scripps Health is a nonprofit integrated health care delivery system based in San Diego, California. Scripps treats more than 750,000 patients annually through the dedication of 3,000 affiliated physicians and more than 15,000 employees among its five acute-care hospital campuses, home health care services, 27 outpatient centers and clinics, and hundreds of affiliated physician offices throughout the region.