NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Australia and New Zealand Continues Expansion with Key Appointments
- New hires and promotions to support Avaya’s momentum in the region
Sydney, Australia – 2017 – Avaya Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) is continuing its expansion with key senior appointments and promotions to build on its strong business results in the local market. Among the new hires is Dustin Laidsaar, who has been promoted to Principal Consultant for Avaya Professional Services (APS), and Nick Evans, who has been named Territory Manager for New Zealand.
Laidsaar, who joined Avaya A/NZ in 2013 as part of the sales organisation, is now focused on helping customers navigate their digital transformation journeys. This involves analysing customers’ business requirements and transformation needs to help develop tailored, real-time communications strategies that enable them to deliver better experiences for their customers.
As head of New Zealand, Evans is responsible for increasing Avaya’s presence in a market which is typically entrepreneurial in adopting new technologies, including artificial intelligence in the unified communications and collaboration space. Evans, who joins the company with more than 20 years’ experience in the communications industry, will work with partners and customers across all segments – from small and medium-sized businesses to enterprises and government agencies – to enable real-time communications applications as part of an organisation’s overall digital strategies.
Avaya A/NZ has also boosted its ranks with:
- Gerard O’Rourke, who will fill the role of Engagement Management Director and manage Avaya’s Private Cloud Services delivery business;
- Michael Thomas, who has been appointed Territory Account Manager for Midmarket, with responsibility for working with partners to drive the company’s robust collaboration portfolio;
- Abdullah Ali, who has shifted from the company’s Dubai office to take up a Sales Engineer role in Sydney, and will leverage his experience in global markets to help enhance Australian customers’ digital communications transformations;
- Jake Davies, who, as Account Manager NSW, will work on leading accounts to deliver engagement and customer experience solutions that meet their unique business requirements, in the cloud or on-premises;
- Patrick Micallef, who joins Avaya from Optus as Business Development Manager, with a focus on developing opportunities for Avaya Private Cloud Solutions; and
- Grant Teague, who, as Sales Engineer for New Zealand, will work closely with Evans to support the expansion of Avaya’s presence in the market.
These appointments build on positive business results in A/NZ, including significant agreements with organisations in government and financial services, among others.
“As we have transformed the Australian and New Zealand businesses over the last two years, we have created a highly-skilled team of experts in developing and delivering software and services that enable unique experiences for our customers and partners. With the addition of these experienced personnel, we can further enhance the value we generate for companies on their digital transformation journeys as adoption of artificial intelligence and Internet of Things gains further momentum in the communications industry.”
--Peter Chidiac, Managing Director Australia and New Zealand, Avaya
Avaya enables the mission critical, real-time communication applications of the world’s most important operations. As the global leader in delivering superior communications experiences, Avaya provides the most complete portfolio of software and services for contact center and unified communications— offered on premises, in the cloud, or a hybrid. Today’s digital world requires communications enablement, and no other company is better positioned to do this than Avaya. For more information, please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may be forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these are reasonable, such forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results to differ materially from any future results expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
All trademarks identified by ®, TM, or SM are registered marks, trademarks, and service marks, respectively, of Avaya Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.