NEWS & EVENTS
Prairie Street Brewhouse Hops into a Smarter Building With Avaya
New smart buildings call for video surveillance and pervasive Wi-Fi, capabilities that require simplified core architecture to support it all. The new smart building now includes:
• The unified network umbrella of Avaya Fabric Connect, a resilient infrastructure that makes configuration and deployment of new services faster and easier and uses IP Multicast, providing 10 times the scalability and three times the performance over alternatives.
• More than 70 high-definition cameras both inside and outside the property, capture video of public areas and the immediate exterior. IP-based video surveillance underpins the high security and service standards of the property’s owners and managers.
• Key cards used by tenants to enter when the public facilities are closed – with time-stamped video footage to verify who entered and exited at any time of day.
• Avaya phones with affordable and flexible call-handling such as forwarding and voice mail.
• Wi-Fi throughout the building, which provides Internet access to anyone within the property.
Chris Manuel, vice president of Rockford Brewing Company and president of CMM & Associates, Prairie Street Brewhouse commented: “This is one of the most advanced building technology infrastructures I’ve ever seen in private development. Our past experience with having multiple systems and providers is that they don’t work well together. Having voice, video and networking from Avaya makes our communications more efficient and easier to manage.”