NEWS & EVENTS
BLUE SPRINGS SCHOOL GRADUATES TO SMARTER CAMPUS WITH AVAYA
- Consolidating into a centralized data center with resulting reduction in IT workload and power consumption savings. The IT team was stretched thin operating, 144 servers over 23 locations.
- Providing IT resources for standardized testing. For the first year, students in grades 3-11 – not just high school students – would be taking their standardized exams online. The testing provider sent its list of requirements, which included a test site management server for every 150 machines in any district, to ensure the testing load could be handled. The Blue Springs School District has more than 10,000 computers, and had no desire to set up 30 to 40 TSMs.
- Decreased time and personnel to manage servers and near- instantaneous VM deployment.
- Sharply reduced electric bill by some $100,000 on an annualized basis through the consolidation of infrastructure footprint
- Ability to handle standardized testing workload with a single test site management server for the entire district through new solution running on Avaya backbone