NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Networking Solutions Close the Gap between Data Center and End Devices
- Avaya Automated Campus removes the need for manual service provisioning to speed and simplify the delivery of end-to-end, cloud-based services.
- New solutions make Avaya the only vendor in the industry to deliver a unified end-to-end, virtualized network from Data Center to the end device.
- Includes the automated on-boarding of user devices at the edge - saving IT hours / days and helping to eliminate errors that cause outages.
- Avaya's new Virtual Services Platform 8284XSQ is the first of a new category of networking products called Compact Form-Factor Switches. It powers the core and delivers massive 10/40 Gigabit density in a 2U-sized platform with chassis-class performance and functionality.
- The new Virtual Services Platform 4450 powers the Campus distribution network delivering multiservice fabric-based networking for heavy fiber-based environments.
- At the wiring closet, Avaya's flagship ERS 4800 has been enhanced with Fabric Connect software – now allowing for the virtualized network to extend end to end.
- Fabric Attach will be available as a software upgrade for both the Avaya wired and wireless edge platforms.
- Identity Engines provides BYOD, network and guest access support for the Automated Campus as well as dynamic assignment of devices to the correct virtualized network.
"Avaya's Fabric Connect has tremendously simplified our data center network – greatly reducing service provisioning times and configuration errors across our network. Avaya’s delivery of Fabric Connect at the edge now lets us extend the same benefits all the way to our 100+ wiring closet switches. We are excited to see Avaya's continued innovation and extension of this key technology in to the automated campus."
Sven Andreassen, System Engineer, Schibsted
Zeus Kerravala, principle, ZK Research
Marc Randall, senior vice president and general manager, Avaya Networking
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.