NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Reports Fourth Fiscal Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Financial Results
- Revenue of $1.2 billion
- Operating Income of $113 million, Non-GAAP Operating Income(1) of $244 Million
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) of $295 Million, 24.6% of revenue; both record levels
- Revenue of $4.7 billion
- Operating Income of $78 million, Non-GAAP Operating Income(1) of $721 Million
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) of $943 Million, record level of 20% of revenue
- Revenue of $1.2 billion increased 4.3% compared to the prior quarter and decreased 6.0% compared to the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012
- Gross margin was 56.8% compared to 54.5% for the prior quarter and 50.6% for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012
- Non-GAAP gross margin(1) was 58.1% compared to 56.0% for the prior quarter and 54.7% for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012
- GAAP operating income was $113 million compared to GAAP operating income of $14 million for the prior quarter and $76 million for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012
- Adjusted EBITDA was $295 million or 24.6% of revenue compared to $225 million or 19.5% of revenue for the prior quarter and $267 million or 20.9% of revenue for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012
- Fourth quarter adjusted EBITDA, fourth quarter and full-year total adjusted EBITDA as a percentage of revenue, and fourth quarter and full-year total gross margin percentage were all record levels for the company.
- Product revenue of $617 million increased by 10.0% compared to the prior quarter and decreased by 5.4% compared to the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Avaya Global Services revenue of $583 million decreased 1.2% compared to the prior quarter and decreased 6.7% compared to the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012
- For the fourth fiscal quarter, percentage of revenue by geography was:
Avaya will discuss these results at 2:00 p.m. PST on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 in a live webcast and conference call. To join the webcast, listeners should access the investor page of our website (www.avaya.com/investors). Supplementary materials will be available at the same location. Following the live webcast, a replay will be available at the same web address in our event archives.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may be forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these are reasonable, such forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results to differ materially from any future results expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.