NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Expands Collaboration Solutions for the Midmarket
- Avaya IP Office 9.0 moves up to support 2,000 users in a single software platform capable of deploying in as little as one hour
- Adds support for VMware® to increase choice of highly flexible deployment options
- Delivers easy access to largest range of endpoints for anywhere working
- Simplified, Increased Scale - Avaya IP Office 9.0 software easily and cost-effectively scales to 2,000 users (previously 1,000 users) at up to 32 locations, delivering exceptional value and low total cost of ownership.
- Virtualization - IP Office 9.0 adds virtualized software running VMware vSphere 4.x or 5.x software. IP Office software can now run inside a virtual machine, on a dedicated server, an appliance, or a combination of these. This adds flexibility while enabling customers to match the deployment method to their infrastructure plans and objectives.
- Simplified Management - IP Office Web Manager for Server Edition provides a consolidated management view of a multi-site IP Office solution through a one-time log-in to a single URL. Web Manager allows access to a range of servers, along with solution-wide user management, and simplified management while enabling midmarket companies to reduce administrative overhead.
- Support for the Enterprise Branch - IP Office 9.0 can cost-effectively support multiple branch office deployment options: standalone, independent branch or connected to the Avaya Aura® network in distributed and centralized branch modes while being managed by Avaya Aura System Manager.
- The Avaya Video Collaboration Solution for IP Office, which uniquely combines desktop, mobile, and HD room-based video collaboration in an affordable package.
- Avaya Ethernet switches with unique automated provisioning capabilities that provide fast, secure, network connectivity and power to Avaya’s midmarket collaboration solution at price points lower than comparable solutions from other vendors.
- Avaya Session Border Controller for comprehensive security for unified communications that also eliminate the need for mobile or remote workers to deal with VPN connections.
"Many agree that the midmarket is an underserved market segment, yet few vendors actually build their products from the ground up for these customers. Avaya is one of the few vendors that understands the unique qualities of midsize businesses and has applied a large, dedicated team of resources entirely focused on empowering midsize companies with simple, effective and engaging collaboration."
Gary E. Barnett, senior vice president and general manager, Collaboration, Avaya
Alistair Roberts, head of IT, M&C Saatchi
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
2See Tolly report for the comparison.