NEWS & EVENTS
New Avaya Consulting Services Help Businesses Accelerate Cloud Communications and Advanced Collaboration
- Avaya Launches Cloud Transformation Services and Continuous Performance Services to Help Companies Improve Business Results Through Communications Strategies
- Cloud Consulting Addresses Rising Demand, with Nearly Half of all Businesses Planning Deployment or Evaluating Cloud Options
Demand is high for cloud-based services, with 47 percent of businesses planning deployment or evaluating their cloud communications strategic options, according to Avaya research.1 Avaya Cloud Transformation Services provide consulting to both large enterprises and cloud service providers to help them define business requirements and implement cloud solutions.
- Analyze and determine the optimal communications delivery mode, with a cost/benefit analysis of cloud delivery options (managed, private, public or hybrid).
- Develop financial modeling using real-world communications benchmarks. This helps identify inefficiencies in a business’ collaboration technologies, and recommend changes aligned to their financial and operational requirements.
- Implement plans and design architectures for cloud communications that integrate a client’s business processes and back office applications.
- Provide guidance through the entire process of refining a hosting strategy, and define an architecture that meets the customer’s business requirements.
- Implement a solution that assists a service provider in setting up a cloud environment for their first customer.
Avaya Continuous Performance Services delivers a new model for providing prescribed consulting engagements on an annual subscription basis. They help ensure a business' network and applications continuously perform per customer requirements. The initial Continuous Performance Services include areas beneficial to a subscription-based model, such as:
- Security Assurance: Assists in achieving effective, practical communications security as threats emerge and evolve over time.
- Self-Service Application Tuning: Adjusts customer service automation through early-stage application design, existing application enhancement, or ongoing tuning and refinement. Includes analysis and recommendations to enhance speech automation, which improves customer satisfaction and reduces costs.
- SIP Economic Consulting: Delivers guidance through each phase of a SIP rollout and provides ongoing validation of realized savings through SIP based on financial targets.
- Network Visualization Subscription: Identifies network efficiency opportunities through a graphical tool depicting one’s entire business network, updated in real-time based on configuration and service provider costs.
"The new Avaya Consulting Services offers are an extension of our expertise in collaboration and customer experience, and will provide companies with ongoing guidance and strategic insight to address the many challenges in deploying and optimizing communications. Backed by Avaya's vast experience, cloud communications is an ideal consulting offer to start with, providing building blocks to virtualize solutions for improved efficiencies and business results."
--Seth Frank, global vice president, Avaya Professional Services
--Brian Riggs, Principal Analyst, Ovum
- Security Remains a Concern: According to Avaya research, 71 percent ranked security as the top challenge and concern in adopting cloud communications services, with 51 percent citing reliability as the second top concern.
- Cloud Priorities: The top three services that enterprises plan to move to the cloud over the next 2 years are: Email and Office Productivity Suites (51 percent), unified communications (38 percent) and audio/video conferencing (31 percent).
(Based on an Avaya survey of International Avaya Users Group (IAUG) respondents, June 2013)
- For a Q&A with vice president of Avaya Professional Services, Ajay Kapoor, please visit here.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.