NEWS & EVENTS
Niagara College's Applied Health Institute Enhances Student Learning with Avaya Video Conferencing
- Better feedback and instruction from teaching staff (using video to review students' performance in simulated health emergency settings)
- Increased access to guest speakers and subject matter experts from around the world
- More flexible, on-demand learning for remote students
- More support for self-directed learning
- HD video: Deployed across various Niagara College locations, Scopia video conferencing provides HD video interactions – from the classroom, to the boardroom, to the BYOD phenomenon including personal video on desktop and mobile devices. The Scopia solution offers seamless real-time interactive video conferencing, rich content sharing, and full meeting moderation capabilities including streaming and recording from virtually anywhere, anytime.
- Real-time collaboration: The Avaya Flare Experience offers quick and easy access to telephony, op desktop video, social media, as well as audio, video, web conferencing and more. All members of Niagara’s senior management team are now outfitted with this solution.
- Unified communications: Bringing Niagara College’s entire communications system together, Avaya Aura Session Manager makes it possible to unify media, modes, networks, devices, applications and real-time actionable presence across a common infrastructure, creating the web-style, on-demand access to all of the school’s existing and new technology.
"As an educational institution, we want to be as cutting-edge as possible and deliver innovative learning experiences. I truly believe Avaya’s video technology is going to have profound implications on teaching and learning here at Niagara College. We’ve easily integrated this solution into every facet of our unified communications, and it’s very simple for our team to use and support."
John Levay, Director of Information Technology Services, Niagara College
Ross Pellizzari, President and Managing Director, Avaya Canada
Niagara College Case Study http://bit.ly/11k2FXk
Avaya Solutions for Education http://bit.ly/1amoIzR
Niagara College offers more than 100 diploma, bachelor degree and advanced level programs to more than 9,000 full-time students and 15,000 continuing education students annually at campuses in Welland, Niagara-on-the-Lake and Niagara Falls. Areas of specialization include food and wine sciences, advanced technology, applied health and community safety, supported by unique learning enterprises in food, wine, beer, horticulture and esthetics.
Combat Networks is a national, full-service integrator, focusing on deploying Avaya Unified Communications, Video Collaboration and Data Networking Solutions. Combat provides full life cycle systems support starting with engineering and design, through implementation and concluding with ongoing service and maintenance. Combat has grown since its launch in 2001 to become the largest independent supplier of Avaya solutions in Canada, with national offices located in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.