NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya and IAUG Announce 2013 Customer Innovation Award Winners at Converge!
- Awards highlight companies and organizations reaping the benefits of building communication, collaboration and customer service strategies on Avaya
- Six visionary companies cited for creative use of unified communications, contact center and/or data solutions and commitment to excellence.
- Enterprise Transformation for over 1000 employees – Federal Justice Tribunal (TRIFE) -Mexico – Centralizing Avaya Aura for main and remote locations was the first step on the road to greater efficiency and cost reduction. The TRIFE will now be able to segment its workforce among basic and high-level users and roll out mobile, unified communications and collaboration applications such as Avaya Flare for Apple iPad and Avaya integration with Microsoft Lync as appropriate to the individual workers job needs. Security will be assured for mobile devices with Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise.
- Enterprise Transformation for under 1000 employees – Landmark Bank – US – Avaya Networking was the fundamental component on which Landmark launched new applications to support their business model. The overall reliability and ease of migration allowed Landmark to cost effectively increase network throughput, exceed regulatory requirements, and deploy new banking applications onto the existing network with minimal disruption. One of those applications is Scopia video conferencing which has improved the quality of internal meetings while reducing company travel, and allowed bank directors to have a presence in each of their local communities without physically being there and improved customer service by bringing the right resource to the table regardless of location.
- Sustained Excellence – George Mason University – US – Evolving to simplification might be the headline for George Mason University, which has been streamlining its overall infrastructure into a new environment that is easier to support and maintain and which increases reliability. The result has reduced operational costs and resource requirements for day to day operations. This infrastructure will allow the implementation of new technologies and applications that can provide a greater overall impact based on the services the University will be able to deliver.
- Small Business – under 100 employees – Florida State University College of Medicine - US - On his 9th Medical Mission Trip to Panama, Dr. Mark Stavros engaged with Avaya and GlobalMed to utilize a cross platform of telemedicine products to facilitate medical care to those in need. The doctor spent 10 days in a remote town and used Scopia video conferencing for live collaboration with his colleagues at the Florida State University College of Medicine.
- Technology Innovation Best Practice – Oi – Brazil – Avaya Customer Experience Management solutions enable Brazil-based telecom provider, Oi , to build a next-generation contact center that gives them more power and flexibility to determine and manage how customers are best served according to company policies.
- Business Innovation Best Practice – Essa Academy –UK- Avaya Aura® Communications Manager provides Essa Academy with a core communications platform that supports multi-media collaboration and full unified communications. Avaya one-X® Communicator software clients for the MacBook Air notebooks used by the schools receptionists allows them to take and manage calls more easily, while Avaya Flare® for iPad Devices enables the teachers to handle all their telephony on their iPads. The Avaya based solution is improving communication and collaboration between staff and having a real impact on staff communication with parents.
"These awards represent creativity, dedication and lots of hard work on the part of Avaya customers who strive to bring their companies the best services built on Avaya’s industry-leading technology. With Avaya's solutions and services in the hands of IAUG members, we deliver unparalleled differentiation and competitive advantage for each of our companies and organizations."
Frank Castro, President, IAUG
Tom Mitchell, Senior Vice President, Global Sales, Avaya
The International Avaya User Group (IAUG) is an international, user-driven association serving Avaya customers worldwide. We exist to educate and inform telecommunications and IT professionals while providing a professional network for those with common concerns to address and success stories to share. IAUG is one of the industry's largest and most progressive user groups, with a community of nearly 6,000 members in more than 75 chapters around the globe. For more information on IAUG, visit www.iaug.org.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.