NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Reports Second Fiscal Quarter 2013 Results
- Revenue of $1.12 billion
- Non-GAAP Operating Income(1) of $113 Million
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) of $172 Million
Second Fiscal Quarter Highlights
- Revenue of $1.12 billion decreased 9.8% compared to the prior quarter and decreased 11.1% compared to the second quarter of fiscal 2012
- Gross margin was 52.4% compared to 53.7% for the prior quarter and 48.8% for the second quarter of fiscal 2012
- Non-GAAP gross margin(1) was 53.7% compared to 55.6% for the prior quarter and 52.8% for the second quarter of fiscal 2012
- Adjusted EBITDA was $172 million or 15.4% of revenue compared to $251 million or 20.2% of revenue for the prior quarter and $200 million or 15.9% of revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2012
- Product revenue of $529 million declined by 16.2% compared to the prior quarter and 17.0% compared to the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Avaya Global Services revenue of $589 million decreased 3.3% compared to the prior quarter and decreased 5.0% compared to the second quarter of fiscal 2012
- For the second fiscal quarter, percentage of revenue by geography was, U.S. with 53%, EMEA with 27%, Asia – Pacific with 10% and Americas International with 10%.
Avaya will host a conference call to discuss these results at 5:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday, May 9, 2013. To access the conference call, dial 800-882-9327 in the U.S. or Canada and 706-645-9730 for international callers and provide the operator the conference passcode number of 47490648. To ensure you are on the call from the start, we suggest you access the call 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the call.
WEBCAST Information: Avaya will webcast this conference call live. To ensure that you are on the webcast, we suggest that you access our website (www.avaya.com/investors) 10-15 minutes prior to the start. Supplementary materials accompanying the conference call are available at the same location. Following the live webcast, a replay will be available on our archives at the same web address.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.