NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Names 2012 Distinguished Engineers
- Avaya names Hamid Assarpour as Avaya's first Senior Distinguished Engineer; appoints six additional Distinguished Engineers
- This year's group of Avaya Distinguished Engineers are responsible for more than 267 US and international patents and applications and recognized as important drivers of Avaya's product portfolio
- Mehmet Balasaygun: One of the foremost authorities on SIP endpoints including the technology, software base quality, capabilities in signaling, media and evaluation of technologies.
- Christopher Baldwin: An industry expert on network dial plans, routing and signaling protocols, as well as lead architect for Avaya Communication Manager. His expertise, innovation and leadership have helped the Avaya Aura® platform to deliver anytime, anywhere communication with a consistent user experience.
- Tamiji Homma: Homma has provided oversight and expertise as an authoritative subject matter expert and architect for Avaya Data Networking modular Ethernet product offerings in addition to being a tireless advocate for the company's customers.
- Srikanth Keesara: Industry expert in IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging and a leader for Avaya Data Networking product implementation.
- Jean Meloche: Meloche is a subject matter expert and innovator of unique network measurement and diagnostic tools that enable Quality of Service (QoS) analysis on a hop-by-hop basis, along with detailed device monitoring and remote control features.
- Milos Pujic: Lead architect in shaping the roadmap and development of SIP in the CS1000 portfolio and its subsequent integration with Avaya Aura.
"I congratulate Avaya's newest Distinguished Engineers – they truly embody the depth and breadth of innovative and talented engineers employed by Avaya. The esteemed group's collective experience, impressive number of patents and patent applications and the impact they’ve had on shaping industry standards extends far beyond our walls to impact the way people communicate every day."
Kevin Kennedy, President and CEO
Avaya Senior Distinguished Engineer and Chief Architect, Networking
Avaya, Silicon Valley, Engineers, R&D, Innovation, IEEE, Patents, Collaboration, Mobility, BYOD
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.