NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Advances on List of Top 300 U.S. Patent Holders
- Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) Association Top 300 US patent holders list ranks Avaya 114th, up 18.3% over the previous year.
- Avaya Labs continues to innovate with 246 patents awarded in 2011.
- Automatic customer satisfaction monitoring through social media: A method of obtaining more accurate and honest customer feedback through social media. Automated customer feedback surveys incorporate monitoring social media channels and aggregating, filtering and analyzing content to determine a customer's likely response to a specific product or service.
- Agent assisted response to social media interactions: A collaboration tool that enables quick and consistent response to social media work items. The method allows agents to view historical responses that might be relevant to a newly received work item. The relevant historical responses can be used to suggest a response to new work items.
- Context aware office space locator: A streamlined system for scheduling office space at a site based on communications and relationships between meeting attendees. The system ensures office space is centrally located and convenient for meeting and working.
- Contact center expert identification: A system to evaluate contact center callers for possible employment. Evaluations and ratings occur while the caller waits in a contact center queue. Candidates who receive positive evaluations and are interested in the position may be hired or provided incentives to assist the contact center.
- Single-Sided Speech Quality Measurement: A non-intrusive speech quality estimation technique based on statistical probability models. The technique provides high quality estimates relative to known techniques while having lower computational complexity.
"We have a world-class development team of technical talent and innovators at Avaya Labs. Our people are developing exciting, yet practical innovations that enable streamlined communications experiences in a world of bring-your-own-device, consumerization of IT and cloud applications."
KEVIN KENNEDY, PRESIDENT AND CEO
- For more information on Avaya Innovations and Avaya Labs, visit: www.avaya.com/usa/about-avaya/our-company/innovation/.
- The Intellectual Property Owners Association 2011 report can be found here.
Avaya, unified communications, patents, innovation, labs, technical talent
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.