NEWS & EVENTS
Kutztown University Evolves Data Center with Advanced Avaya Ethernet Switching Solution
- Upgraded university network helps support high-bandwidth academic data and critical research applications
- New infrastructure provides reliable high performance and 24x7 uptime for students, faculty and staff
- Avaya VSP 9000 delivers immediate access to high-density 10GbE; is future-ready for 40 and 100GbE and network virtualization
"Universities are increasingly making use of applications that require enhanced performance and throughput—and this trend will continue to grow. Kutztown University's science department, for example, transfers massive amounts of data from various atmospheric research institutions that it uses to teach geological modeling. The Avaya VSP 9000 will help ensure that our network can accommodate even the most demanding use cases and applications, while always staying on and available to every user. We believe it will be very effective in supporting the university’s mission of educating students."
—Kevin Schukraft, manager of network technology, Kutztown University
• Read the Kutztown University case study (PDF)
• Learn more about the Avaya VSP 9000 and Avaya VENA
• Visit the website for Kutztown University
avaya, vsp 9000, vena, data center, kutztown, virtualization, applications, customer, case study, data network
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.