NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Highlights Avaya VENA Customer Momentum at Interop Las Vegas 2012
- Thousands of customers worldwide have deployed networks with Avaya VENA products and technologies
- Oslo University Hospital, Sparebanken Vest, Leeds Metropolitan University, Schiphol Airport and Concord Hospital benefit from Avaya VENA deployments
Based on the IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging standard, Avaya VENA’s Enterprise Fabric simplifies the provisioning of services and the configuration of networks. It enables services to be added up to 25 times more quickly with less risk, since changes only need to be made to the edge of the network rather than to every device and link.
- Avaya's Enterprise Fabric allows Sparebanken Vest, one of the three largest Norwegian banks, and one of the oldest, to more quickly plan and implement upgrades and changes to the advanced cloud-based network that supports its 68 locations.
- It facilitates the adoption of technology-enhanced learning initiatives at Leeds Metropolitan University's, and has contributed to a 200-fold improvement in network failover time that ensures that students and faculty are not impacted during planned or unplanned transitions.
- Oslo University Hospital leveraged Enterprise Fabric to create a shared, virtualized network that supports different user groups, projects and applications for three merged hospitals, and maintains a high level of availability for critical care services at all times.
Avaya's Switch Clustering technology virtualizes the network core to protect against failures, delivering true end-to-end reliability and active resiliency for always-on access.
- Switch Clustering provides Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport with a rock-solid network for a critical new luggage handling system that handles over 8,000 bags per hour and 70 million pieces of luggage per year.
- It also enables Concord Hospital to perform in-service maintenance and software upgrades in their network core while maintaining the highest levels of network availability; something that is critical in a paperless hospital environment.
"Avaya VENA allows us to upgrade our existing set-up by building a very advanced and future-proofed cloud-based network. It gives us the flexibility and reliability we are looking for but in a simple, straightforward way. Avaya's genuine open standards approach gives us confidence that we are protecting our existing investment and still future-proofing our network to easily accommodate future innovations."
—Harald Nordås, network manager, Sparebanken Vest
—Espen Holthe, network engineer, Sykehuspartner IKT
—Phil Taylor, Communications Consultant, Leeds Metropolitan University
—Marc Randall, senior vice president and general manager, Avaya
• Learn more about Avaya VENA
• Read about the deployments at Sparebanken Vest, Leeds Metropolitan University, Oslo University Hospital, Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport and Concord Hospital
Avaya, Avaya VENA, SPB, shortest path bridging, virtualization, Ethernet fabric, switch clustering, Oslo University Hospital, Sparebanken Vest, Leeds Metropolitan University, Schiphol Airport, Concord Hospital
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.