NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Receives Frost & Sullivan Product Differentiation Excellence Award in Enterprise Session Management
- Avaya Aura® garners highest scores among the competition
- Industry analyst firm measures unique features and functionality, quality and complexity, customization, match to market needs and brand perception
- Avaya Aura sets the "benchmark" by which alternatives are measured
- Unique Features and Functionality -- Avaya's unified communications architecture optimizes communications environments to reap the operational and end-user benefits of centralization and SIP trunk consolidation. Moreover, it provides a highly flexible end-user services capability, unique to Avaya for the enterprise market, which allows applications and network facilities to be assignable to all users on an individual basis, regardless of location or affiliation with a particular call server.
- Quality and Complexity -- Avaya Aura session management solutions are devised to help reduce the complexity of operating and managing a multi-vendor environment. Centralization is key to this architecture in terms of SIP trunk aggregation and greatly streamlining maintenance, management and administration. By contrast, Frost & Sullivan notes that competing solutions often require a number of discrete utilities to support the same breadth of platforms.
- Customization -- At its core, the Avaya Aura architecture is intended for customization to leverage each customer's unique assets and requirements, and to provide flexibility in the way they implement and evolve their solutions over time. The SIP-based Avaya Aura session management solution is certified to support several models of widely deployed third-party PBX platforms as well as SIP trunking services from many Internet telephony service providers (ITSPs). Avaya ACE can be employed to further expand the range of communications applications and enterprise business software platforms that can be integrated into the overall solution.
"The most successful vendors demonstrate product differentiation excellence by identifying emerging enterprise requirements and demonstrating continual innovation. Today, Avaya Aura continues to be on top of mind when enterprise session management is discussed. The solution's capabilities continue to be the benchmark by which alternatives are measured."
--Rob Arnold, Senior Analyst, Frost & Sullivan
--Gary E. Barnett, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Collaboration Platforms, Avaya
Avaya Aura brochure
Frost & Sullivan Product Differentiation Award - Session Management, 2011 North America
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.