NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Accelerates Mobile Collaboration for Enterprises with Avaya Flare® Communicator for Apple iPad* Tablets
- Avaya launches secure, next-generation mobile collaboration for consumer devices with Apple iPad application - now available through Apple App Store
- Avaya Flare Communicator enables enterprise-class voice, instant messaging, presence with email integration over wi-fi and 3G networks
- Customers -- like Emory University – adopting Avaya Flare Communicator as a cost-effective, easy-to-use means to support BYOD and enterprise consumerization strategies
- View the availability of enterprise associates from the contacts card and simply tap a single location to launch an instant message (IM), voice call or email
- Manage two simultaneous voice calls using the iPad while mobile
- Multi-task on the iPad tablet while communicating, e.g. read email, attend a web conference and use the iPad browser, and attend a voice conference call and IM, or use other productivity applications
- Search the corporate directory and add associates to the Avaya Flare Communicator contacts fan for easy access
- Engage in secure communication and collaboration remotely using wi-fi hotspots or 3G connectivity
- Reduce mobile expenses by using the data channel and avoiding roaming charges while traveling across different cellular networks
The Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad tablets is a free download for users from the Apple App Store. Businesses with Avaya Aura 6.1 or later can obtain up to 50 Avaya Aura client access licenses at no cost to connect users to Flare Communicator during an introductory offer from January 24 through April 30.
"Avaya Flare Communicator combines Avaya's software engineering expertise with all the strengths of the iPad tablet. The result is great voice quality, high reliability and a beautiful user interface that looks like it was built for how we work today. It’s the only 'phone' I have on my desk right now."
Dr. Richard Mendola, Vice President, Information Technology & CIO, Emory University
Rich Costello, Senior Research Analyst, Unified Communications, IDC
Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad Apple App Store download: http://bit.ly/rLU0tG
Demo: Click Here
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.