NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Channel Partners Predict Continued Strong Growth in 2012
- 90% predict a stronger year for their business in 2012 with 47% forecasting strong single digit or double digit growth
- Financial Services & Insurance (68%), Telecom / IT (38%) and Government (32%) – to continue as the verticals investing most in business communications solutions in 2012
- Strongest growth in midsize and large national enterprises
- Customer service enhancements and productivity gains driving customer decisions
- New areas of focus for the channel include cloud, mid market, managed services
Over 200 selected individuals representing Avaya's most strategic channel partner and distributor organizations from 15 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region attended the event. Under the banner "Accelerating Growth: The Power of We™" - the event was designed to enable Avaya and its channel partners to address strategy, go to market models, new initiatives and common goals for the year ahead.
Among those surveyed, 68% named the Financial Services and Insurance (FSI) sector as one of the top two verticals likely to drive the highest growth in enterprise communication spend with them in 2012. In addition, 38% thought the Telecommunications and IT industry would be a key customer segment and 32% saw Government spending on communication technology remaining strong.
37% of respondents saw midsize enterprises investing more with them in 2012, a 6 point increase over the previous year. A similar number thought that large national companies would drive investment. MNCs scored lower than previously, reflecting continued restraint for those operating on a global basis.
Technology investments that help drive customer service – and therefore support customer retention – remain high on the list of customer decision making criteria, along with solutions that will drive productivity enhancements for their business. The consumerization of IT – how to manage the multitude of devices and applications users demand in a corporate environment - and how best to leverage public and/or private cloud environments to enhance communication and information access also scored highly with respondents.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, data solutions and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.