NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Helps Businesses Enhance Customer Service in a Multimedia World
- Avaya Aura Contact Center 6.2 enhances agent-assisted experiences with new expert collaboration capabilities, direct integration with social media
- Avaya Aura Experience Portal drives automated service with greater speed, savings
- New products reflect consumer shift to multimedia—40% of consumers prefer alternate methods of contact for customer service
- Collaboration with experts is simplified through integration with Avaya Session Manager. When a customer arrives, the agent's portal displays the appropriate experts to handle the query, and the experts' availability via presence. Managers can create custom views or large groups of experts based on available times and skills.
- Social media can be integrated into the agent desktop, making it easier for agents to communicate with customers by automatically capturing and responding to relevant tweets and Facebook updates. This can be achieved through customer integration of Avaya Social Media Manager. A separate press release on Avaya's social media advancements in customer service is here.
- Scalability improves with support of up to 90,000 agents in a single virtual network, due to new integration with Avaya Aura Communication Manager.
- Improved customer experiences can be achieved through integration with Avaya Aura Contact Center. This enables seamless hand-offs of customers and their context from self-service sessions to live or automated agents, helping to eliminate the frustration of customers repeating data already captured in self-service.
- More cost-effective self-service through Experience Portal's ability to now be deployed in a virtualized environment, which converts a single server into multiple virtual servers. This reduces a business' hardware footprint, lowering the capital and operational expenses of self-service.
- Faster application development for self-service is driven by the new Avaya Orchestration Designer, which enables the creation of multimedia self service applications using existing Web applications. It includes new development tools to address hand-offs from automated to agent-assisted care—a critical element for maintaining positive customer experiences.
Mike Taylor, Chief Technology Officer, SPS
"One of our goals as a technology solutions provider is to help clients find the most productive way to deliver customer service. This means serving customers through a range of multimedia channels, including web chat, e-mail and now, social media. In the past, this could be costly and require lots of customization. Now, Avaya Aura Contact Center 6.2 makes multimedia service simple and cost-effective by bringing many capabilities, like web chat and reporting, into a single solution. We offer it to our clients—and use it in our own customer service strategy.
"Today's consumers use many more modes of communications—e-mail, text, video and social media. As these multimedia requirements evolve into 'transmedia' needs—characterized by the seamless transfer of information across all kinds of communications—companies must effectively integrate all of these modes for consistency. Avaya addresses this with products driving high-quality customer experiences across various media, turning those experiences into competitive assets."
"Ensuring quality customer service across multimedia channels increasingly means the creation of sessions that not only bring together customers, agents and experts in a fast, efficient way, but also retain a customer's context. The use of this approach to serve the heightened expectations of consumers is a differentiator for leading businesses."
Avaya Online Event Information: Today, Avaya is holding an online customer event at 11 am EST to discuss key elements of today's launch, along with strategies for customer service success. To register, visit here.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, data solutions and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.