NEWS & EVENTS
Consumer Power Driving Innovation in Businesses; Effective Collaboration Is Key According to World Innovation Forum Survey by Avaya and HSM
- Increased Bargaining Power and Shifting Expectations Drive Hunt for New Sources of Competitive Advantage and Differentiated Service
- Collaboration Is Critical to Better Customer Service and New Product Development
- Lack of Integrated, Engaging and Easy to Use Collaboration Tools Seen as Barrier to Effectiveness
- Top three business objectives driving investment:
Deliver improved customer service 51 %
Improve integration of business processes 49 %
- Top three areas of disruption due to business exposure:
Increased customer bargaining power from better information 28 %
Shifts in customer expectations 27 %
- Top three areas where collaboration is critical:
New product development 42 %
Business strategy development 35 %
- Top three barriers to collaboration:
Collaboration capabilities not linked to existing
Inability of employees to meet face-to-face 42 %
Brett Shockley, senior vice president, Corporate Development and Strategy, Avaya
"Companies have clearly moved from a focus on across-the-board cost reduction to strategic investments in innovations for differentiated products and services. They also recognize effective collaboration with customers and among employees and suppliers is critical to reaching their business goals. That said, the pressure is on to find and use new communications and collaboration tools -- like the Avaya Flare Experience and Avaya web.alive -- that will help them change the game."
"Innovation impacts every area of every organization and today's most successful companies are those that are driving innovation across the board. We are pleased to have our friends at Avaya join us at the World Innovation Forum to help spread this important message."
For full results of the survey, visit www.avaya.com/wifny2011
World Innovation Forum
Avaya Unified Communications and Collaboration Solutions
Avaya is a global leader in business communications and collaboration, providing unified communications, contact centers, data solutions and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information, please visit www.avaya.com.