NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Evolves Business Collaboration for Mobile Workers
- Provides more choices for users with support for the newest and broadest range of consumer devices
- Eliminates enterprise boundaries by extending rich, unified communications capabilities with a consistent experience across devices
- Enables IT to better serve the business while simplifying management and reducing costs
- Support for new devices including: Android-based devices such the Samsung Galaxy II; Apple MAC OS, Apple iPhone 3GS and 4G, and RIM/Blackberry touchscreen devices in addition to Symbian and Windows-based operating systems
- A new SIP client for Apple iOS on iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone enabling UC and voice over wifi or cellular networks
- Presence status of team members available across Avaya endpoints and soft clients – including Microsoft OCS – and mobile devices
- Unified call logs, contact lists and voice messages across all endpoints and soft clients
- Consolidation of mobile UC client applications, management and administration onto a single, virtualized server reduces IT support requirements and operating costs for low total cost of ownership.
"Innovation drives revenue, and we capitalize on Avaya's innovations to make our company better. As a highly mobile, global company, it's a significant advantage to be able to reach someone on the first call regardless of the city they're in. Avaya's tools enable us to have more effective interactions and build the personal relationships to help make United Airlines the kind of company that people – both employees and customers -- want to stay with."
--Jongshin Kim, Vice president of Media Solution Center at Samsung Electronics
--Anthony Bartolo, vice president and general manager, Unified Communications, Avaya
Avaya Unified Communications for Mobile Collaboration Brochure
Avaya Recognized as Global Market Leader in Advanced Enterprise Mobility Solutions by Frost and Sullivan
Lippis Report Podcast: Optimizing Mobile Unified Communications for the Enterprise
Photos: Avaya one-X soft client interfaces on supported devices
Avaya is a global leader in business communications and collaboration, providing unified communications, contact centers, data solutions and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information, please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.