NEWS & EVENTS
Avaya Simplifies Virtualization in the Data Center and Across the Network
- Avaya expands its data networking portfolio with new offerings that simplify the design, deployment and management of data centers
- Avaya VSP 7000 top-of-rack switch delivers high-density 10GbE with a hardware architecture designed to preserve customer investment
- Avaya VPS streamlines the management of virtual machines and brings visibility, control and automation to virtualized data centers
The Avaya VSP 7000 is a data center grade high-density 10GbE top-of-rack switch that will make data centers less complex, more cost effective, and easier to manage and troubleshoot. It features a flexible fifth generation ASIC technology designed to preserve customer investment, and will provide unique hardware capabilities such as media dependent adapters for connectivity services ranging from 10Gig, to 40Gig, to 100Gig or native Fiber Channel and an integrated multi-terabit fabric interconnect stack for ultra high bandwidth and ultra low latency east/west traffic flows. The Avaya VSP 7000 includes hot swappable redundant power supplies and fan trays with support for multiple airflow configurations optimized for the data center. It will offer capabilities such as Switch Clustering, Virtual Services Fabric built on Shortest Path Bridging (SPB), Edge Virtual Bridging (EVB), and Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) through a simple software upgrade.
Avaya VPS is a virtualization management solution that will provide better integration of application virtualization and network virtualization by giving network administrators the tools they need to manage, troubleshoot, provision and secure virtual machines (VMs) across the network. As part of Avaya VENA, Avaya VPS simplifies VM mobility and makes it transparent to the end user, ensuring that the network is synchronized to VM activations, deactivations and changes. It streamlines and automates data center network provisioning, contributing to higher network availability and greatly reducing the risk of human error.
In addition to new data solutions, Avaya announced an enhanced suite of turnkey and standalone professional services that will help customers and business partners easily enable Avaya VENA in the data center and campus. These services will provide deep expertise in the design and deployment of next generation virtualized networks, and include migration strategies and financial models to help customers identify the return on investment and reduced total cost of ownership that Avaya VENA delivers. Enterprise customers of all sizes should contact their local Avaya account manager or authorized partner to learn more and get started.
- “As a facilities operator, the last thing I want is for my critical infrastructure to fail. InfoBunker prides itself on delivering ultra-reliable network services from an ultra-secure underground data center. It is what we are known for, and what Avaya data solutions have enabled us to provide corporate clients and government agencies with since 2006. Our Avaya switches are as reliable as the concrete used in our bunker—they simply don’t fail. With support for high levels of resiliency, a multi-terabit fabric interconnect stack and the virtualization capabilities of Avaya VENA, the Avaya VSP 7000 promises to help us drive further deployment in our data center and make it faster, simpler, and just as reliable.”
—Jason McGinnis, president, InfoBunker
- “Virtualization has transformed almost every part of IT today. With the tripling of end-user devices in the enterprise and the resulting increase in network complexity, it is hard to think of a company that hasn't been impacted by virtualization. With VENA, Avaya enables a consistent enterprise-wide architecture that lets IT decide how far and how quickly they want to extend virtualization across their networks. The introduction of the Avaya VSP 7000 is significant as the company continues to deliver against the Avaya VENA roadmap—it gives Avaya a competitive edge with a complete portfolio of core and top-of-rack data center switches.”
—Zeus Kerravala, distinguished research fellow and senior VP, Yankee Group
- “Customers want next generation data centers that are easy to design, effortless to deploy, and painless to manage. Avaya VENA offers this level of simplicity across the enterprise network, alongside new solutions from Avaya that will further reduce the complexity of virtualization in the data center. The Avaya VSP 7000 provides a critical infrastructure component for Avaya’s data center portfolio in the form of a flexible, high-density 10GbE top-of-rack switch designed to protect customer investment, while Avaya’s Virtual Provisioning Service extends Avaya VENA’s capabilities to make the management of virtualized networks easier than ever.”
—Steve Bandrowczak, vice president and general manager, Data Solutions, Avaya
• Product: Avaya Virtual Services Platform (VSP) 7000
• Product: Avaya Virtual Provisioning Service (VPS)
• Product: Avaya VENA
• Microsite: Avaya @ Interop Las Vegas 2011
• Images: Avaya VSP 7000
avaya, vsp 7000, vps, virtual services platform, virtual provisioning service, virtualization, vena, interop, switches, data center
Avaya is a global leader in business communications and collaboration, providing unified communications, contact centers, data solutions and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information, please visit www.avaya.com.