Four Reasons 2021 is the Year to Migrate to Avaya Cloud Office
Organizations are hesitant to innovate their communications solutions simply because they fear there is too much to lose, especially for those still operating legacy systems. They have spent years, even decades, investing in their business and brand, and acquiring loyal customers. Yet modernizing to cloud-based communications solutions can be stifled by an aversion to imagined risks and unfounded concerns about cost. They can’t seem to overcome the inertia required for change, yet all of this goes out the window when a crisis hits. Suddenly, the greatest thing that can be lost is the organization itself. There’s no choice but to fundamentally change the way business is done, and Avaya Cloud Office can help organizations easily manage that change.
Two-thirds of executives recently surveyed by McKinsey agree that changes brought about by COVID-19 will be a big opportunity for growth and improvement. This could mean the end of on-premises phone systems as we know it. Here’s why:
- It has been made abundantly clear that IT can’t be tethered to an on-premises system.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ has fundamentally changed how people communicate and collaborate.
- Businesses must optimize their OPEX budget and streamline payments.
- Admins need insight into the quality of communications and system performance - anywhere, anytime, using any device.
- It has been made abundantly clear that IT can’t be tethered to an on-premises system. IT admins had to move fast to keep employees reliably connected while still needing to maintain and pay for the system they left back at the office. It’s a nightmarish situation that demonstrates the need for a more flexible, cloud-based communication solution. With the cloud, you don’t have to be on-site nor do you need to worry about system management. Everything is always kept up to date with the latest releases and features so you don’t need to lift a finger. With Avaya Cloud Office, updates happen automatically once per quarter, included at no extra cost. Employees will have everything they need to work effectively, and the hard part of managing a communication solution is done for you.
- ‘Work from anywhere’ has fundamentally changed how people communicate and collaborate. Cloud-based communication solutions like Avaya Cloud Office are fundamental for a new world of remote work - not just working from home but working from anywhere. A cloud solution supercharges the way businesses operate by seamlessly connecting all workers, whether in-office, mobile or remote. Regardless of location, cloud-based communications support effortless, unified, and immersive communications experiences. Avaya Cloud Office takes this a step further by supporting integration with hundreds of ready-to-use business and communication apps like Office 365, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Zendesk, and Google G-Suite to streamline and unify workflows. There’s also the simplicity of one number and presence for all business communications and personalized call management to match your schedule so that personalization goes far beyond just setting up basic preferences. The solution gives people the flexibility to work their way - how and where they work - now and in the future.
- Businesses must optimize their OPEX budget and streamline payments. A cloud-based communication solution addresses the usual suspects that affect CAPEX budgets (like hardware and server maintenance costs) but also sneaky hidden OPEX expenses that, if eliminated, can create a compelling ROI story. For example, Avaya Cloud Office eliminates costs of duplicative and standalone services, personnel training for maintenance, additional security expenditure, and installation. You’ll only ever pay for the services you use, have streamlined payments with better price predictability, and have more control with no surprises or hassles. Also, you’ll never have to worry about building out spare hardware capacity again because Avaya Cloud Office grows with you. It’s one complete system at one low, monthly price with one single, simple bill. From a cost perspective, there’s just no comparison to an on-premises phone system.
- Admins need insight into the quality of communications and system performance - anywhere, anytime, using any device. COVID-19 made it virtually impossible for companies using on-premises phone systems to monitor usage, analyze communications performance, or troubleshoot issues. A cloud communication solution like Avaya Cloud Office provides built-in analytics that enables IT admins to gain a deeper understanding of their business’ communications, regardless of where business is being conducted. They can review call specifics and user environments to troubleshoot the quality of service, for example. And they can do so anywhere, anytime, using any device. On-premises phone systems can’t provide this level of analytics across a highly distributed and potentially inconsistent workforce.
No business or organization could have anticipated something the magnitude of COVID-19 a year ago. Even organizations with robust business continuity plans never banked on something of this scale and duration to completely disrupt their communications. But now it can also be seen in another light, as an opportunity to unlock post-crisis growth. Migrate easily to the cloud and get an all-in-one solution that runs on any device, and includes simplified management, security, a single and predictable bill, and hands-off automatic upgrades that always keep you current. Learn more about Avaya Cloud Office.
5 Ways Small Businesses Win Big By Moving Their Communications to the Cloud
The question of whether to move from an on-premises PBX (Private Branch Exchange) to a cloud communication solution can...