Improving Customer and Employee Experiences with UCaaS
Despite the range of capabilities available today, many businesses default to voice calling for communications. Voice is undeniably important, but there are limitless ways for customers and employees to interact in today’s world of multiexperience (user journeys based on effortless experience designed across all digital touchpoints and interaction types), “work from anywhere,” and application overload. This is what a modern Unified Communications-as-a-Service (UCaaS) solution is all about. It simplifies communications in one cloud-based app - creating unique new customer and employee experience opportunities - without the need for new hardware or engineering.
We live in an age of the “everything” customer. They’re touching, typing and talking across a broad range of digital touchpoints, and they expect a unified and effortless experience regardless of how communication takes place. The same goes for employees. User preferences can change in an instant depending on the circumstance, yet the communications experience is expected to be seamless and consistent.
Multiexperience fundamentally changes customer and employee engagement by requiring businesses to provide optimal experiences that are tailored to the individual user, their context, and the touchpoints and interaction types they choose to accomplish any given task - be it customers engaging with a business or employees servicing those customers. A modern UCaaS solution provides this level of communications that fits into how people work and engage - any touchpoint or interaction type on any device as users move throughout their day.
- One click is all it takes to start a call, join a meeting, contribute to a team chat or share content
- Audio and video conferencing allows employees to share their screen and files with each other or customers externally
- Customers can easily reach employees regardless of where they are, what device they’re using or what form of communication works best for them
- Conversations can be seamlessly continued across different touchpoints (voice, text, email) in one easy-to-use, cloud-based app.
Big changes are happening with the rapid adoption of remote work worldwide, and the right solutions are needed. Never have the benefits of a modern, cloud-based communications solution been more important than now.
- Phone calls, faxes, texts and multimedia messages (video, images, etc.) go through one single number that’s assigned to each employee.
- Unanswered calls go into one voicemail box that’s easily accessible from any device.
- You don’t have to worry about ever missing a call, fax or message, as instant notifications can be sent via email, SMS or the Avaya Cloud Office app to always keep you in the loop.
Recent studies show an average of 129 different business apps in the workplace. Different people have different ways of communicating, but that shouldn’t mean maintaining (and paying extra for) multiple different solutions across an organization.
With so many different apps available today, one might be inclined to think that all their business needs is basic voice calling. They might not know that a modern UCaaS solution can replace a combination of one or more existing apps (significantly saving on costs) and allow seamless integrations with hundreds of desktop apps, workflow automation, and CRM tools their employees rely on including Google, Salesforce, Oracle, Microsoft and more.
Here are a few examples of what this means:
- Seamless Outlook calendar integration
- Click-to-dial to instantly reach contacts from your directory within Salesforce, Outlook, etc.
- One click access to document management tools like Box
Transform with the Right UCaaS Solution
In a world of choice, freedom and flexibility, experiences are about much more than “just” voice. Businesses must constantly adapt to changing communication preferences and expectations. The risk of doing nothing is too great to afford - app overload, siloed tools, rising operational costs, disjointed experiences, poor employee engagement, inability to scale or evolve, and more. A modern, cloud-based UCaaS solution enables the constant innovation and improvement businesses need.