Five Key Benefits of Moving Unified Communications to the Cloud
According to ZK Research, cloud unified communications is growing seven times faster than on-premises solutions. Cloud communications is moving into its next wave of existence, and it’s critical that IT leaders understand the benefits aside from cost.
Legacy unified communications systems lack the capabilities that a digital business needs, period. Constantly updating a hardware-centric system just to keep up with the latest innovations is impractical at best. To achieve success in today’s digital era, companies must evolve their unified communications to a cloud delivery model. Here are five key benefits of doing so:
- Location independence: Access any feature from anywhere on any device; essentially eliminate the need to ever step foot in a physical office again.
- Faster innovation: Use new features as soon as they’re available instead of having to wait months or even years to go through the testing and refresh process.
- Economic efficiency: Provision what you need immediately, then add resources when required.
- Advanced features built on artificial intelligence: AI fuels innovation and agility, yet legacy systems don’t have the processing capability to perform AI at the scale necessary to deliver the advanced services businesses need (i.e. facial recognition, analytics).
- Rapid deployment for faster time to market: Digital transformation requires speed, and legacy communications are the antithesis of this. Cloud UC services can be rolled out as fast as an organization is comfortable doing so (buckle up!)
In today’s digital world, maintaining a competitive edge is tied to an organization’s ability to recognize market shifts and respond quickly. It’s impossible to get ahead using hardware-centric systems that aren’t designed for rapid innovation.
Learn more about cloud-fueled digital success and how to seamlessly move to cloud-delivered UC and contact center solutions with ZK Research’s new report, “A Buyer’s Guide to Cloud Communications.”