The Best Conferencing Just Got Better: Meet Avaya Equinox Conferencing 9.1
It seems such a short time ago when Avaya launched Equinox Conferencing 9.0, which was the first stage in our evolution of conferencing. We introduced major advances like WebRTC, which significantly drive up first time meeting joining success (No plugin to get blocked and very firewall friendly). Recently we announced the latest release of Equinox Conferencing. Here are some of the Release 9.1 highlights:
- Full WebRTC support now extended to Firefox (in addition to Chrome)
- Presentation mode supported even on non-WebRTC browsers like Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari
- Multi-Stream Switching (MSS) support that enables a many fold increase in capacity for the same resources
- Solution scalability doubled to 15,000
- Increased security to TLS 1.2
- New unified single-use client for legacy users (non-WebRTC browsers) to easily join meetings
- New unified client for current Avaya Aura® customers, allowing those users to extend two-person interactions into multi-party calls
- Full and hybrid cloud deployments using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Upgrade paths for Avaya Aura® Conferencing and Avaya Scopia® customers
Our cloud conferencing service, Avaya Equinox® Meetings Online, has also been upgraded to take advantage of the above enhancements. Plus we added:
- SIP endpoint connectivity in addition to H.323
- Streaming/webcasting as a free feature to extend existing meetings to 500 viewers
- In-country dial-in numbers for 15 countries
Finally, we’ve announced the new Avaya CU-360 Collaboration Unit, an open solution that revolutionizes the conferencing experience with video features. More on this product in an upcoming post.
Is Your Business Ready for a Better Conferencing Solution?
When you think that so many organisations continue to suffer from poor and disparate meeting experiences you begin to see the opportunities offered by Avaya conferencing solutions: Simple but high quality. Optimised but interoperable. And available as a cloud service or on premise or hybrid.
Enterprise conferencing shouldn’t be a hassle—meetings should not be difficult to organise. Even where you have multiple platforms that don’t work together, and even when different parts of the business share conferencing costs. Instead, conferencing should be a convenience, a tool to be more productive. Avaya Equinox conferencing solutions help everyone communicate more easily and effectively. Anywhere. Anytime. Learn more about the Avaya Equinox® Experience now.