Bridging a Critical Gap, Avaya CRM Connector for Salesforce Transforms CX
When it comes to the customer experience (CX), things are still a bit complicated. Case in point: 89% of companies are believed to be competing based on the CX, yet research shows that almost half think the CX is too difficult. It starts to make sense, then, why 87% of customers think brands need to put more effort into providing consistent experiences.
It’s vital that companies get to the heart of this problem, and fast. Consider that in just three short years, the CX is expected to overtake price and product as the No. 1 key differentiator. In that same time, analysts predict that demand for an omnichannel experience will be amplified by the need for near-perfect execution.
What’s the reason for this disconnect? Despite best-laid plans, many companies still support a siloed operating model that hinders growth and performance. They have yet to integrate across all lines of business and third-party systems to deliver consistent, contextual customer experiences. In fact, 62% of systems today are not integrated, and 58% of interaction channels are still managed in silos.
It’s time to change the paradigm with the right technology foundation—one that flexibly yet securely integrates to address critical gaps in our smart, digital world. That’s why we’re so excited about the Avaya CRM Connector, designed specifically for Salesforce integration.
Avaya and Salesforce: The Best of Both Worlds
The Avaya CRM Connector enhances the relationship between Salesforce and the underlying foundation of the contact center. Built on our open application Avaya Breeze™ platform, this modular software enables users to seamlessly integrate with a range of Salesforce applications including Lightning, the company’s all-new framework for enterprise app development and improved user experience.
With this connector users can quickly and easily add new digital channels to:
- Innovate customer touchpoints
- Gain more context from each interaction
- Drive anticipatory engagement at the individual account level
As an open application platform, Avaya Breeze even allows users to develop custom apps to meet specific CX and vertical needs. In healthcare, for example, this might mean a custom scheduling app for hospital staff. In hospitality, this could mean creating apps that offer personalized in-room help or recommendations.
Simpler integration means the ability to provide faster, more accurate and more personalized service, all while increasing agent productivity and reducing costs (McKinsey estimates cost reductions as high as 20%). The CRM Connector supports Avaya Call Center Elite and the Avaya Oceana™ Solution, and will soon have integration for Salesforce Multichannel API.
Here’s what you can expect from this game-changing alliance:
- Currently Available: Avaya Integration for Classic Salesforce
- Avaya Call Center Elite Integration (Voice): Enables use of Elite for voice control and routing in the Salesforce classic agent console.
- Avaya Oceana Integration (Voice and Digital Channels): Users can leverage Salesforce screen pops/iframes via Avaya Oceana™ They can also use Avaya routing for all Avaya voice and digital channels, driven by Salesforce data.
- Coming this Summer: Lightening Integration—We’ll be kicking things up a notch by enabling Elite voice and routing control, as well as Oceana channel and routing control, in Salesforce Lightning.
- On the Horizon: AI and IoT Enablement—It just gets better. Soon, users will be able to leverage Einstein for recommended service actions to transform customer and agent experiences. Considering the substantial acceleration of IoT and AI for customer engagement, this ability to deliver proactive IoT- and AI-enabled service is critical.
The Future of the Customer Experience
Technology was voted as the greatest enabler to positively transform the CX over the last five years, yet over a quarter of organizations say their technology systems fail to meet current needs. This strategic alliance between Avaya, the No. 1 global provider of contact center services, and Salesforce, the No. 1 global CRM provider, brings enterprises one step closer to bridging this critical technology gap.
Companies today must redefine the way they operate. This means connecting people, systems, devices, processes and workflows in ways like never before. As the world shifts to a more open ecosystem, next-level integration is what will enable brands to create truly superior customer experiences and business outcomes.