HITEC 2017 is Happening Now: What You Need to Know
Technology is no longer part of the guest experience; it is the guest experience. Today, 40% of guests now regularly use hotel mobile apps. Over 80% prefer automatic notifications for such things as booking confirmations and room readiness. And 67% would sign up for location-based coupons and alerts. Overall, two-thirds say they have a better hotel experience when brands leverage the latest technologies.
That’s exactly why HITEC 2017 exists. As the world’s largest hospitality technology show, HITEC brings together thousands of hospitality leaders across dozens of countries to learn, collaborate and connect in a dynamic setting. This year’s show kicked off yesterday at the Metro Toronto Convention Center, and Avaya is in on all the action.
We know hoteliers have lofty goals when it comes to the guest experience:
- Nearly half want to use guest data to enhance experiences
- 74% plan to implement location-based technologies
- Over 80% are working to roll out mobile apps within the next five years
The question isn’t whether digital transformation is important, but rather how brands can begin making an impact and seeing results.
This is a primary focus at Avaya’s booth (#2627) this year. In addition to educating on the future of the guest experience, we’re showing attendees exactly how they can begin reimagining CX possibilities—creating innovative new business outcomes and identifying unique revenue streams—with the right technology strategy. For example, seamlessly integrating communications systems to elevate the guest experience, offering guest-facing personnel immediate access to records and data, and providing back-of-house staff with anywhere/anytime communications like voice, text and video.
This week, several Avaya solutions are front and center on the exhibition floor for attendees to observe and use. They can see how hospitality leaders are currently using our technologies to create real value and tangible results. Here’s what we’re showcasing:
- EXP360: EXP360 is designed to help guests get what they want faster. A unique walk-through capability enables guests to independently navigate their hotel experience with support from a contact center if needed. Integration with Avaya Breeze™ Platform, Avaya Oceana™ Solution, and a range of back-office platforms (PMS, ESP, CRM) allows for further customization to meet exact CX and business needs. Join Thomas Pfitzer and David Klemme for solution demos and more.
- Virtual Concierge (Houdini): Over 70% of guests today prefer to use a connected device to control their in-room needs. Our virtual concierge service, Houdini—part of our all-new innovative desktop device, Avaya Vantage™—offers guests a single, intuitive interface to operate in-room controls like lights, curtains, door locks, cameras and entertainment devices. For the one-third of hotel leaders who haven’t refreshed their phone system in over five years, Avaya Vantage represents the ultimate upgrade. Look for Charles Buffington and Rob Talaska to explore Houdini further.
- Avaya Equinox™ Experience: 60% of hoteliers believe the inability of staff to effectively communicate severely diminishes the guest experience. Avaya Equinox is helping solve this by streamlining back-office communications with a single, easy-to-use, contextual interface optimized for all Features include one-touch access to calling, messaging, audio and video conferencing, as well as web collaboration. Look for Albert DeJohn or Miguel Garza to learn more.
- Avaya Oceana™ Solution: Avaya Oceana personalizes every step of every customer interaction, enabling hotels to reimagine CX possibilities like never before. This purpose-built omnichannel solution seamlessly integrates all traditional and digital channels, offering visibility and management for continual improvement. In a world where 74% of guests appreciate hotels that can personalize service and offers, Avaya Oceana is critical. Juli Hendricks and Scott Black are your go-to’s for more information on this solution.
Nearly 90% of companies compete solely based on the customer experience, and that certainly includes those in hospitality. This means carving out a strategy for seamless, secure yet cost-effective digitization. If you’re attending HITEC 2017 this week, visit Booth #2627 to network, connect, and learn more about Avaya’s innovative portfolio of communication and collaboration solutions for next-gen hospitality. Learn more about what’s happening this week at HITEC.