Michigan State Wins Innovation Award from Avaya; 7 Partners Win DevConnect Excellence Awards
Does the phrase “I’ll know it when I see it” apply to innovation? How do you recognize innovation versus improvement when you see something new?
I hold that Innovation refers to the notion of doing something not just better, but markedly different from previous attempts to solve the same challenge.
This year’s Avaya DevConnect Partner Excellence Award recipients did just that; they developed new applications and capabilities that were different and innovative, and in so doing, created new opportunities for Avaya customers.
I’m confident that as you read about these innovators, you too, will “know it when you see it.”
Partner of the Year
ObjectTel was recognized for their CLASSONE Endpoint Manager and iCAS solutions, which offer unique mobility options for unified communications. A DevConnect Select Product Program (SPP) partner, ObjectTel enables conferencing of land mobile radios with a variety of Avaya communication platforms.
New Partner Award
Ember Services Limited is a financially-focused management analytics and consultancy firm. Also a participating vendor in the DevConnect SPP, Ember uses Speech Analytics to help customers identify opportunities for cost reduction, revenue improvement and improved customer value.
DevConnect Innovation Awards
The following DevConnect Technology Partners were recognized with Innovation Awards:
- Eutech: Specializing in smart workplace and intelligent building operations systems, Eutech is recognized for their efforts in integrating their iViva solution with the Avaya Aura Collaboration Environment. This first-of-its-kind solution targets reduction of operational costs, and provides the ability to track and deliver services to employees and customers based on their availability and physical location.
- Jacada: Recognized for their customer self-service and agent desktop solutions that simplify the way customers interact with contact centers and help reduce the cost of operations. Available through the DevConnect SPP, Jacada solutions can be easily deployed and implemented with multiple Avaya contact center platforms into both enterprise and mid-market businesses.
- LiveSentinel: Recognized for their MiAlert family of UC products that embed communication technology into medical alert devices, leveraging the advanced features of Avaya Aura and Avaya IP Office. They offer end-to-end emergency notification options, providing the elderly with improved security and a better quality of life.
- Plantronics: Recognized for their work extending location- and presence-aware communications to their compliance-tested headsets for Avaya deskphones and soft-clients, Plantronics demonstrates seamless handover of audio- and video-based collaboration sessions between mobile and desktop environments. These efforts are being evaluated by Avaya R&D for inclusion in future Avaya Aura Collaboration Environment releases.
- Webtext: Award recipient for a second year, Webtext builds applications across the entire Avaya Contact Center suite, including Avaya Collaboration Environment. Innovative Webtext applications open up SMS text messaging as a channel to previously voice-only customers by allowing contact centers to text-enable their primary numbers.
To learn more about these and other DevConnect Technology Partner and Select Product solutions, visit the DevConnect Marketplace at www.devconnectmarketplace.com.
Introducing Special Customer Innovation Awards
Many Avaya customers are also realizing tangible business benefits by developing applications in-house for Avaya platforms, leveraging the many SDKs and resources of the Avaya DevConnect Program.
In recognition of these internal, customer-driven development initiatives, we’ve expanded the DevConnect award program this year to include and recognize our customers. As such, I’m pleased to announce Michigan State University as recipient of our first Customer Innovation Award.
MSU developed an elevator emergency notification application using the Call Intercept function of Avaya Aura® Collaboration Environment. The application identifies the elevator location and floor, routing the passenger’s call through MSU’s contact center and simultaneously notifying the school’s on-call maintenance staff. The application reduced overall callout time and eliminated the need for a third-party service contract.
Congratulations to all our 2014 Award winners!