Avaya Debuts Networking Innovations at 'Tech Field Day'
If you remember grade school like I do, you remember Track & Field Day as an annual blur of 100-meter dashes, long jumps into wet sand pits, and sweet, sweet ribbons.
So what is Tech Field Day, you may ask?
It’s an interactive roundtable discussion between technology experts from vendors and leading bloggers, freelance writers and podcasters. The entire discussion is broadcast live – unedited – via the Internet. Unnerving… sure – but at the core it represents a new and innovative way to reach prospective customers by going through trusted bloggers – who are having more and more influence on purchasing decisions and how companies are portrayed in the media.
How much influence? According to Ignitespot:
- 12 million people blog via social networks
- 77% of Internet users read blogs
- 61% of US consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post
- 70% of consumers learn about a company through articles rather than ads.
Tech Field Day represents an exciting opportunity for us to pitch our technology to a very influential community who will hopefully in turn write about us and influence their followers in their blogs, articles and podcasts.
What will Avaya be showcasing at the upcoming Tech Field Day event?
In this special 2 hour event – which will be streamed live from the Executive Briefing Center at Avaya’s Santa Clara headquarters- we will cover the following topics through a mix of discussion and demonstrations:
- A technical overview of Avaya Fabric Connect (based on enhanced SPB) technology from the coauthor of the SPB standard, Paul Unbehagen.
- How Avaya supports a scalable, efficient and resilient network for video surveillance.
- How Avaya facilitates a company’s ability to meet PCI DSS compliance for secure credit card transactions.
- How Avaya Fabric Connect and OpenStack orchestration offer a compelling solution for the Software Defined Data Center.
How can I access the live event?
Simply log into the Tech Field Day website at http://techfieldday.com/ on Thursday, Feb 20th from 4pm PST – 6pm PST/ 7pm EST – 9pm EST.
If I miss the live event?
You will be able to find the videos in individual segments up on YouTube.
Has Avaya previously participated in a Tech Field Day event?
We participated in a Tech Field roundtable at Interop New York last fall. Check out the video “Paul Unbehagen Talks SPB at Interop New York 2013”