- Wireless LAN 8100 Series
Gartner Magic Quadrant for the Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure
Avaya is the Official Supplier of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
BYOD: Focus on User Experience, Not the Device
Connect with Us
In the US and Canada:
All Other Locations:
Wireless LAN 8100 Series
Features and Benefits
The WLAN 8100 Series is optimized for voice and video applications. In a third party test conducted by Miercom, the product leads the market in voice and video over scalable Wi-Fi. Avaya offers VIEW Certification, end-to-end mapping of QoS, Advanced Call Admission Control algorithms, and small-packet-optimized AP design.
The WLAN 8100 Series offers certified QoS, allowing enterprises to set traffic rules and prioritize network flow to help ensure optimal QoS on mobile and smart devices.
The WLAN 8100 Series architecture embeds the wireless data plane into the switching infrastructure, enabling common hardware reuse, fewer components, and common scalability. Centralized management removes the complexities and cost of supporting multiple overlay networks.
The 802.11n wireless standard supports access at speeds three to six times faster than 802.11 a/b/g connections, improving the performance of voice and other real-time applications.
Avaya offers common network access security capabilities that can be set for all users and devices, both wired and wireless. It delivers secure user services by focusing on user identities and devices.
Avaya supports full E-911 VoWLAN integration. The wireless LAN controller interfaces with Avaya call servers to precisely identify emergency call locations.
- WLAN Access Point 8120/8120-E These two-radio, 802.11n devices support 802.11n and legacy 802.11 a/b/g support and offer full performance within the 802.3af PoE. The WLAN AP 8120-E is a plenum rated access point for use with external antennas.
- WLAN Access Point 8120-O This high performance, two-radio, 802.11n, outdoor Access Point is designed for harsh environments, allowing customers to extend their wireless coverage outdoors.
- WLAN Controller 8180 Designed for centralized deployment in data centers, the 8180 provides control, management and security for up to 512 WLAN 8100 Series access points (256 in Release 1). A key differentiator of this model is its ability to separate control and data traffic. This improves network efficiency, since data can be routed via Ethernet switches instead of through the wireless controller.
- WLAN Management Software 8100 This full-featured management suite enables administrators to perform pre- and post-deployment planning, configuration, verification, management, and optimization of the 8100 Series infrastructure. It is integrated into the Avaya Unified Communications Management solution.
- WLAN 8100 External Antennas Operating alongside the WLAN Access Point 8120-E, this range of external antennas helps to enhance performance and improve aesthetics and enables network planners to select an antenna pattern that meets their specific coverage requirements.