Avaya is the Official Supplier of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Connect with Us
In the US and Canada:
All Other Locations:
Virtual Services Platforms
Avaya’s Virtual Services Platform Series offers advanced network virtualization to transform complex, rigid, and error-prone networks into networks that are simple, agile and resilient. Deploy services using simple end-point provisioning that accelerates time to service and reduces potential for error. Simplify your network by gradually phasing out complex legacy technologies and enabling all services dynamically over a unified fabric. Deploy Virtual Services Platforms to create an open, next-generation network, based on Avaya’s Fabric Connect (IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging and IETF 6329) that spans from Data Center to desktop.
Virtual Services Platform 9000
Virtual Services Platform 9000
The Virtual Services Platform 9000 is for large enterprise Data Center and Campus Core environments that need the highest levels of reliability and performance. Scalable to 27 Terabits of capacity, this platform is a future-proofed networking solution that supports Avaya’s Fabric Connect technology (based on IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging and IETF 6329). Complete with hitless patching, in-service software upgrades, and deterministic sub-second recoveries from failures, this Platform is well suited to environments where network uptime is a must.
Features and Benefits
Implement a future-proof platform
The Virtual Services Platform 9000 features a passive architecture that scales up to 27 Terabits. It delivers optimal performance with immediate support for very high-density 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and a full, high-performance IPv6 routing capability. Additionally, the platform is future-ready for the emerging 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet standards.
Maximize network efficiency and potential
This platform offers unmatched resiliency powered by a hardware-assisted implementation of the Avaya VENA Switch Clustering capability. The platform is ultra-reliable, and features hardware-assisted protection for control plane integrity, constantly monitoring system health. It also features a protection mechanism, that helps to ensure uninterrupted business operations.
Experience a simple, flexible, and dynamic platform
By enabling the virtualized compute infrastructure to be more mobile, predictable, and available, the VSP 9000 fully delivers on the goal of centralizing services, all without compromising the high availability, performance, and security that’s required in an enterprise environment.
Improve the bottom line
By reducing management complexity and simplifying network architectures, the Virtual Services Platform 9000 helps to lower operating costs. This platform also supports seamless upgrades to meet evolving network and application requirements, thus protecting network investments as businesses grow.
- VSP 9000 Chassis The front of the VSP 9000 Chassis accommodates the I/O Modules, dual Control Processor Modules, and cooling fans. The rear of the Chassis supports up to six Switch Fabric, up to six power supplies, and cooling fans.
- VSP 9080CP Control Processor Module Control Processors provide the computational engine for the VSP 9000, and they handle the creation and management of all protocols and tables. The Modules are hot-swappable, and support a variety of management interfaces, media slots, and status indicators.
- VSP 9090SF Switch Fabric Module Each Switch Fabric delivers 1.4 Tbps of switching capacity. These are hot-swappable and the platform has the capability such, that when fully populated, it will tolerate a single SF failure without any loss of capacity or impact to traffic.
- VSP 9024XL 24-port 10GBASE-X SFP+ Module This product supports 24 ports and the interface type is the SFP+ Pluggable Transceiver. This means that each port has the flexibility to support either 1G or 10G Ethernet. The typical optical Transceivers are supported, as well as CX Copper options for short-haul Server connectivity.
- VSP 9048GB 48-port 1000BASE-X SFP Module This module supports 48 ports of SFP Pluggable Transceiver connectivity; this Module delivers enhanced flexible by supporting 100BASE-FX connections, in addition to standard 1G Ethernet-based connections.
- VSP 9048GT 48-port 10/100/1000 RJ45 Module This component provides 48 ports of 10/100/1000 Ethernet for direct Copper-based connectivity.