For Immediate Release:18 Mar 2013
- New Cloud Service Provider offers make it easy to deploy Unified Communications, Contact Center and Video as a Service to their customers
- Unique Unified Communications and Contact Center as a Service (UCaaS, CCaaS) utility-based pricing allows CSPs to pay only for what customers are using
- New Private Cloud offer for contact centers up to 500 agents can be hosted and branded by CSPs or Avaya
Santa Clara, CA – Avaya today announced additions to the Avaya Collaborative Cloud with new offers specifically designed for cloud service providers (CSPs) that allow them to brand and deliver Avaya’s market-leading unified communications, contact center and video solutions. These comprehensive offers for CSPs feature flexible choices and pricing models, enabling them to build new revenue streams by delivering open, mobile collaboration and multichannel customer service to their enterprise customers.
The new offers add to Avaya’s rich cloud-enabling capabilities, allowing CSPs to address the requirements of enterprises worldwide looking for an operational expense (opex) approach to communications and collaboration application and solution enablement. By offering Avaya Collaborative Cloud solutions, CSPs help organizations improve business agility, and optimize budgets and resources. Enterprises can off-load the challenges of managing BYOD environments, widely dispersed workforces and the shifting demands of end-customers. The new offers enable CSPs to evolve and augment enterprise communications with cloud-based solutions as well as provide greater interoperability across vendors, domains and protocols.
The new and expanded offers for CSPs:
- Avaya Cloud Enablement for Unified Communications and Customer Experience Management is uniquely highlighted by the flexible, utility-based, opex pricing for CSPs that allows them to pay only for customer usage, enabling them to better accommodate the dynamic needs of their customers. Avaya Control Manager enables multi-tenancy with an easy to use centralized management and administrative segmentation tool. Avaya Cloud Enablement for Unified Communications and Customer Experience Management is delivered on a single, open scalable architecture based on Avaya Aura® to lower cost and simplify service provider environments.
- Avaya Cloud Enablement for Video provides CSPs with a highly scalable open platform that delivers interoperable multi-vendor video collaboration. Recent enhancements to the Elite Series MCUs, Scopia Mobile and Scopia Desktop bring new value to this VaaS solution by increasing scalability and extending BYOD videoconferencing across nearly any endpoint. With fast, easy deployment, Cloud Enablement for Video delivers out of the box multi-tenancy capabilities and customization of the Scopia mobile application by tenant/organization.
- Avaya Communications Outsourcing Solutions (COS) Express is a standardized private cloud offer that can be hosted by Avaya, a CSP or channel partner for the end customer. Service providers and channel partners can elect to sell the solution as an Avaya- or co-branded offer. The first edition of COS Express focuses on contact center deployments for businesses with up to 500 concurrent agents.
Avaya Collaborative Cloud includes a variety of solutions that enable customers and partners to build, manage, enable and deliver Avaya solutions through cloud-based delivery models. Avaya Collaborative Cloud solutions also include: Avaya Collaboration Pods, a portfolio of cloud-ready, turnkey solutions that simplify installation and operations of real-time applications; and the AvayaLive® suite of unique, public cloud-based communications and collaboration services.
"Verizon and Avaya continue to collaborate to develop communications and collaboration solutions to help federal agencies keep pace with technology advancements, reduce complexity and boost employee productivity. By leveraging our complementary strengths to enable federal agencies to adopt flexible IT consumption models, Verizon and Avaya will deliver advanced solutions that meet the functionality and cost efficiency requirements of our federal clients."
-- Steve Lefrancois, chief technology officer – public sector markets, Verizon Enterprise Solutions
"We are excited to release the next version of Cirque Business One®, our UC-as-a-Service offer delivering what we call ‘collaboration made effortless.’ Built on Avaya technology, Business One provides all the tools and services packaged into one integrated solution where our users get rich cloud-based communications anytime, anywhere, on any device. By working with Avaya, we can deliver reliable and market-leading unified communications for the Danish and French market."
--Mads Fosselius, COO, Cirque
"The UC market has been waiting for the expansion of Avaya's cloud portfolio, so this announcement should be well received. The range of Avaya Collaborative Cloud features and functionality is impressive, and the new offerings add to its cloud portfolio of AvayaLive and Avaya Collaboration Pods solutions. Backed by Avaya's solid UC technology, Avaya Collaborative Cloud offerings should be especially appealing to Avaya customers making new UC deployment decisions, and to new customers considering UC cloud deployments."
--Rich Costello, senior research analyst, Unified Communications, Enterprise Communications Infrastructure, IDC
"With Avaya Collaborative Cloud, cloud service providers can offer a differentiated UC, contact center or video solution to enterprises. Avaya’s highly flexible pricing and options for hosting and branding, along with the known quality of Avaya solutions present a compelling, revenue-generating opportunity for CSPs to adopt and extend Avaya Collaborative Cloud offers to their business customers."
--Joel Hackney, SVP and general manager, Cloud Solutions, Avaya
Tags: Avaya, unified communications, contact center, collaboration, cloud, video, service providers, UCaaS, CCaaS, managed services, hosted services, Avaya Aura, Scopia
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov . Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.