Avaya Boosts Security for Enterprise Mobile Collaboration
For Immediate Release:13 Mar 2013
- New Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise secures communications for remote, mobile and home-based workers in a BYOD world
- Solution delivers secure SIP trunking and VPN-less mobile workforce protection on next-generation collaboration networks
- Contact center outsourcer Teleperformance selects Avaya to secure large SIP-based networks across many locations
- Enhanced security for mobile collaboration is provided through new Avaya SBCE support for the Avaya Flare® Experience on Apple iPad* devices, as well as for Avaya one-X® Mobile applications on iPhones. By securing wireless unified communications (UC) over public data networks, workers have protected access to mobile UC capabilities (including instant messaging (IM), presence and video), helping to ensure privacy when using a mobile device.
- VPN-less capabilities improves convenience for employees accessing rich UC functionality and simplicity from a remote location. Now, users can have a secure, business-dedicated deskphone or softphone that automatically authenticates to one IP address on a single SBCE, without connecting to a virtual private network (VPN). This approach reduces operational costs by eliminating the need for a VPN and optimizing IP address usage.
- Secure SIP trunking and SIP-based remote worker applications enable companies to gain the benefits of SIP with greater protection. SIP extends rich UC features to distributed workers in a more efficient way, using an open standards approach to drive flexible architectures. This provides a safer way for employees to use presence, IM, voice, cloud-based services and other SIP-powered applications on multiple devices. As companies evolve their collaboration, the Avaya SBCE secures SIP traffic going in and out of a network.
An organization that selected Avaya SBCE to secure collaboration is Teleperformance, a leading provider of outstanding customer experiences and contact center operations. With more than 138,000 employees across 260 contact centers in 46 countries, Teleperformance requires a sophisticated solution that can handle large volumes of calls with maximum security. The Avaya SBCE helps them achieve this in a cost-effective way, while maintaining high customer satisfaction. It enabled them to integrate with client networks easily and securely, protecting client and customer conversations, as well as overall call flow. Additionally, the Avaya SBCE significantly reduces the number of public resources (i.e. address space) that Teleperformance exposes, a key benefit that helps combat hacker attacks and other security breaches. The Avaya business partner for Teleperformance was Sunturn.
"Customer service is at the heart of what we do, and as a leader in outsourced contact center services, our clients count on us to ensure superior functions and secure service. The Avaya SBCE delivers this, and does so with an eye towards cost-savings. We can reduce our hardware expenses, simplify implementations, and use fewer resources, saving us time and money. Avaya SBCE is critical in helping protect our network, while delivering the cost-saving benefits of SIP trunking."
--Richard Blake, manager, IT Telecom, Teleperformance
--Diane Myers, principal analyst, Infonetics Research
--Gary E. Barnett, senior vice president & general manager, Collaboration Platforms, Avaya
- 51 percent of IT and IT security practitioners said their company experienced a data breach due to insecure mobile devices (smartphones, tablets laptops); 60 percent have seen a jump in malware infections over the past year due to insecure mobile devices.1
- While 74 % of companies are very or extremely concerned about loss of company or customer data via mobile devices and 70% are highly concerned about mobile malware infections, more than half of firms with company-provided mobile devices have not installed security on their smartphones or tablets.2
- According to IDC, tablets and smartphones will grow another 20% in 2013, with smart mobile devices as a whole representing 57% of the IT industry's overall growth.3
- This is version 6.2 of Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise, globally available in calendar Q2, 2013. A customized version is also offered for small and mid-size enterprises. For more information, visit here.
Avaya, Avaya security, session border controller, collaboration, unified communications, contact center, Avaya SBC, Avaya SBCE
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
2Source: Webroot Study: Mobile Threats are Real and Costly
3Source: IDC Predictions 2013: Competing on the 3rd Platform, November 2012, Doc #238044.