Avaya Reports First Fiscal Quarter 2013 Results
For Immediate Release:05 Feb 2013
- Revenue of $1.24 billion
- Operating Income of $23 Million, Non-GAAP Operating Income(1) of $193 Million
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) of $251 Million
- Revenue of $1.24 billion decreased 2.9% compared to the prior quarter and decreased 10.6% compared to the first quarter of fiscal 2012
- Gross margin was 53.7% compared to 50.6% for the prior quarter and 50.8% for the first quarter of fiscal 2012
- Non-GAAP gross margin(1) was 55.6% compared to 54.7% for the prior quarter and 54.4% for the first quarter of fiscal 2012
- Adjusted EBITDA was $251 million or 20.2% of revenue compared to $267 million or 20.9% of revenue for the prior quarter and $279 million or 20.1% of revenue for the first quarter of fiscal 2012
- Global Communications Solutions revenue of $573 million decreased 2.6% compared to the prior quarter and decreased 14.1% compared to the first quarter of fiscal 2012
- Networking revenue of $58 million decreased 9.4% compared to the prior quarter and decreased 29.3% compared to the first quarter of 2012
- Avaya Global Services revenue of $609 million decreased 2.6% compared to the prior quarter and decreased 4.5% compared to the first quarter of 2012
- For the first fiscal quarter, percentage of revenue by geography was, U.S. with 54%, EMEA with 27%, Asia – Pacific with 10% and Americas International with 9%.
- The Company had $285 million in cash and cash equivalents as of December 31, 2012
Avaya will host a conference call to discuss these results at 5:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, February 5, 2013. To access the conference call, dial 800-882-9327 in the U.S. or Canada and 706-645-9730 for international callers and provide the operator the conference passcode number of 91163824. To ensure you are on the call from the start, we suggest you access the call 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the call.
WEBCAST Information: Avaya will webcast this conference call live. To ensure that you are on the webcast, we suggest that you access our website (www.avaya.com/investors) 10-15 minutes prior to the start. Supplementary materials accompanying the conference call are available at the same location. Following the live webcast, a replay will be available on our archives at the same web address.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.