Avaya Drives the Industry's Most Comprehensive, Easy to Use Video Collaboration Solutions for the Mobile Enterprise
For Immediate Release:12 Dec 2012
- Provides 'no drama' video solutions designed for simplicity and mobile collaboration
- Delivers affordable, high performance video collaboration solutions for SMEs and Enterprises
- Features integration and interoperability with Avaya and multi-vendor video conferencing platforms enabling streamlined, open collaboration
With today's announcements, Avaya offers new video collaboration capabilities to enterprises and SMEs with the following:
- Avaya Aura® Conferencing with Avaya Flare® Experience 1.1 adds video collaboration capabilities to enable unified voice, video and web collaboration from anywhere using PCs, tablets, and smartphones. Avaya Aura Conferencing supports up to 7,500 concurrent sessions - or up to 75,000 users - on a distributed SVCi-based switched video architecture that delivers very high quality, high scale video collaboration that utilizes up to 25 percent less bandwidth than solutions from other vendors.
- Scopia XT5000 room system now offers an embedded four or nine-port MCUii and SIP integration with Avaya IP Office. An affordable, all-in-one, room-based system, the XT5000 also offers an optional package for SMEs and workgroups that provides both Scopia Desktop and Scopia Mobile.
- Scopia Mobile expands to Android™ devices in addition to Apple iPhones and iPad tablets and is a free download from the Google Play and Apple App stores. Scopia Mobile was the first standards-based mobile video application to enable HD video conferencing, data collaboration with review capabilities, conference call control, moderation, and administration through an intuitive user interface.
- Scopia XT Executive 240 Desktop is an all-new high performance, executive desktop video conferencing system with an optional embedded MCU. The XT Executive 240 will be the industry’s most affordable, desktop system offering simultaneous high definition live video and content sharing utilizing H.264 SVC and H.264 High Profile for quality, high scalability and bandwidth efficiency.
- Scopia TIP Gateway enables three-screen support for audio, video and data-sharing in a Cisco telepresence environment. The Scopia TIP Gateway supports large enterprise customers with existing telepresence suites as well as service providers offering telepresence exchange networks. The solution rounds out Avaya’s ability to fully interoperate with all standards-based telepresence systems including those from LifeSize, Polycom, and Tandberg.
- Scopia Management System now features a simple browser-based interface for easy management of a video collaboration deployment from PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets. The interface incorporates Google Maps providing a global geographic view of the collaboration topology along with additional enhancements such as multi-tenancy, concierge services, and massive scalability of up to 400,000 users for service providers and large enterprises.
- Avaya Client Applications with Microsoft Lync, Outlook and Office integration utilizes Avaya Aura® to provide point-to-point and point-to-multi-point communications and interoperability with multi-vendor video conferencing solutions, including those from Avaya-Radvision, LifeSize and Polycom. Avaya Client Applications is a portfolio of plug-ins for real-time collaboration from Microsoft desktop applications such as Lync/OCS, Office, Internet Explorer and Dynamics (CRM) as well as from IBM Sametime and Salesforce.com (CRM).
"At Talon Air, we rely on Avaya IP Office for effective and efficient communications. Video conferencing has increasingly become an important part of our day-to-day operations. I can collaborate with my employees regardless of where I am -- even at 30,000 feet above ground. Now, with the direct integration of the Scopia XT5000 SMB and Avaya IP Office, our communications are more streamlined than ever before. The combination of Avaya and Radvision has definitely helped us achieve our business goals."
--Adam Katz, CEO, Talon Air
--Kirk Gillis, Vice President, Renown Health
--Masayuki Okamoto, President, ORIX Rentec
--Roopam Jain, Industry Director, Conferencing & Collaboration, Frost & Sullivan
--Brett Shockley, Senior Vice President and GM, Applications & Emerging Technologies, Avaya
Avaya Video Collaboration Solutions for Enterprises
Avaya Video Collaboration Solutions Media Kit (whitepapers, fact sheets videos, photos, etc)
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, data solutions and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
*iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc. Lync and Microsoft Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
All trademarks identified by ®, TM, or SM are registered marks, trademarks, and service marks, respectively, of Avaya Inc.or Radvision, an Avaya company. Avaya and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.
iiMCU = Multipoint Conferencing Unit, the bridge that enables multiple people to participate in a video conference.