Avaya Drives the Industry’s Most Comprehensive, Easy to Use Video Collaboration Solutions for the Mobile Enterprise
12 Dec 2012
- Provides ‘no drama’ video solutions designed for simplicity and mobile collaboration
- Delivers affordable, high performance video collaboration solutions for SMEs and Enterprises
- Features integration and interoperability with Avaya and multi-vendor video conferencing platforms enabling streamlined, open collaboration
Avaya today announced the next wave of innovation to its unified communications and collaboration portfolio with a family of people-centric video solutions for the mobile enterprise. Featuring new and expanded capabilities, Avaya’s video collaboration solutions deliver easy access to a comprehensive set of video capabilities for face to face collaboration from the broadest range of mobile consumer devices, desktop and room-based systems.
Avaya’s highly flexible, affordable video collaboration infrastructure, applications and clients are solidly differentiated by their simplicity, performance, scalability and broad interoperability with multi-vendor video conferencing solutions and devices. Building on Avaya’s acquisition of Radvision in June, 2012, these open, standards-based solutions deliver low total cost of ownership and allow customers to protect existing investments in unified communications and video conferencing while evolving to next-generation, real-time collaboration.
With today’s announcements, Avaya offers new video collaboration capabilities to enterprises and SMEs with the following:
- Avaya Aura® ConferencingwithAvaya Flare® Experience 1.1 adds video collaboration capabilities to enable unified voice, video and web collaboration from anywhere using PCs, tablets, and smartphones. Avaya Aura Conferencing supports up to 7,500 concurrent sessions - or up to 75,000 users - on a distributed SVC1 -based switched video architecture that delivers very high quality, high scale video collaboration that utilizes up to 25 percent less bandwidth than solutions from other vendors.
- Scopia XT5000 room system now offers an embedded four or nine-port MCU2 and SIP integration with Avaya IP Office. An affordable, all-in-one, room-based system, the XT5000 also offers an optional package for SMEs and workgroups that provides both Scopia Desktop and Scopia Mobile.
- Scopia Mobile expands to Android™ devices in addition to Apple iPhones and iPad tablets and is a free download from the Google Play and Apple App stores. Scopia Mobile was the first standards-based mobile video application to enable HD video conferencing, data collaboration with review capabilities, conference call control, moderation, and administration through an intuitive user interface.
- Scopia XT Executive 240 Desktop is an all-new high performance, executive desktop video conferencing system with an optional embedded MCU. The XT Executive 240 will be the industry’s most affordable, desktop system offering simultaneous high definition live video and content sharing utilizing H.264 SVC and H.264 High Profile for quality, high scalability and bandwidth efficiency.
- Scopia TIP Gateway enables three-screen support for audio, video and data-sharing in a Cisco telepresence environment. The Scopia TIP Gateway supports large enterprise customers with existing telepresence suites as well as service providers offering telepresence exchange networks. The solution rounds out Avaya’s ability to fully interoperate with all standards-based telepresence systems including those from LifeSize, Polycom, and Tandberg.
- Scopia Management System now features a simple browser-based interface for easy management of a video collaboration deployment from PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets. The interface incorporates Google Maps providing a global geographic view of the collaboration topology along with additional enhancements such as multi-tenancy, concierge services, and massive scalability of up to 400,000 users for service providers and large enterprises.
- Avaya Client Applications with Microsoft Lync, Outlook and Office integration utilizes Avaya Aura® to provide point-to-point and point-to-multi-point communications and interoperability with multi-vendor video conferencing solutions, including those from Avaya-Radvision, LifeSize and Polycom. Avaya Client Applications is a portfolio of plug-ins for real-time collaboration from Microsoft desktop applications such as Lync/OCS, Office, Internet Explorer and Dynamics (CRM) as well as from IBM Sametime and Salesforce.com (CRM).
Avaya Aura Conferencing, Avaya Flare Experience and the Scopia enterprise solutions are supported by or interoperable with Avaya Aura, the company’s open, standards-based platform for real-time collaboration. Avaya recently announced Avaya Aura Virtual Environment (Avaya Aura VE), which enables Avaya Aura unified communications and contact center applications to run on VMware® virtualization solutions. Avaya Aura VE allows enterprises to accelerate deployment of mobile collaboration applications across their organization, including those announced today.
“At Talon Air, we rely on Avaya IP Office for effective and efficient communications. Video conferencing has increasingly become an important part of our day-to-day operations. I can collaborate with my employees regardless of where I am -- even at 30,000 feet above ground. Now, with the direct integration of the Scopia XT5000 SMB and Avaya IP Office, our communications are more streamlined than ever before. The combination of Avaya and Radvision has definitely helped us achieve our business goals.”
--Adam Katz, CEO, Talon Air
“In our industry, reliable communication is mission-critical, and Avaya and Radvision play an integral role in our real-time communication strategy. We’re delighted to see these two companies, both of which have demonstrated a clear commitment to high-quality, open standards, and interoperability come together as one. Video conferencing plays a key role in our R-TeleMed program, and the promise of a fully integrated voice, video and data offering will simplify our IT decisions moving forward.”
--Kirk Gillis, Vice President, Renown Health
"The Avaya Flare Experience Cloud Service has just been launched by Orix in Japan this week. As one of the world’s first to provide Avaya Flare Experience as a cloud based offer, the service enables employees to easily engage in video, web an audio collaboration sessions from anywhere, whenever it’s needed with the flexibility required by mobile enterprises.”
--Masayuki Okamoto, President, ORIX Rentec
“The combination of Avaya and Radvision is offering immediate benefits to customers and the partner community alike. The newest enhancements to its Scopia video conferencing solution will help address market needs across the board – from SMEs to large and service provider customers. The integration of the Scopia XT5000 – a system that is already in a class of its own - with Avaya IP Office demonstrated the company’s commitment to delivering fully integrated unified communications and collaboration to the marketplace.”
--Roopam Jain, Industry Director, Conferencing & Collaboration, Frost & Sullivan
“Agile organizations that can react quickly to changing market conditions and customer needs are garnering a disproportional share of growth and profits. These organizations are advancing their communication and collaboration systems to drive these results. With the innovations announced today, Avaya is delivering on the promise of the real-time mobile enterprise, where organizations collaborate faster, to make smarter decisions and drive better business results.”
--Brett Shockley, Senior Vice President and GM, Applications & Emerging Technologies, Avaya
Avaya Video Collaboration Solutions for Enterprises
Avaya Video Collaboration Solutions Media Kit (whitepapers, fact sheets videos, photos, etc)
Avaya, Radvision, Avaya Aura, Scopia, business collaboration, unified communications, video conferencing, business communications, mobile collaboration, video collaboration conferencing
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, data solutions and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com/uk/.
1Scalable video coding (SVC) – an industry standard that helps ensure a quality experience while managing packet loss to reduce the bandwidth required.
2MCU = Multipoint Conferencing Unit, the bridge that enables multiple people to participate in a video conference.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov/. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.