Avaya Delivers Open, Mobile Collaboration on Virtualized Architecture
For Immediate Release:05 Dec 2012
- Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment Debuts, Providing an Accelerated Path to Unified Communications
- Avaya Aura Applications now VMware Ready™; Brings High Reliability, Simplicity and Flexibility to Virtualized Collaboration Applications
- Avaya customer RealPage uses new Avaya solution to Virtualize UC Core, Speed Customer Service Deployments by up to 20%
- Redundancy and resiliency: All of the critical systems availability features of Avaya Aura’s server-based platform—including software duplication, redundant session controls for SIP access and a survivable core—are maintained in Avaya Aura VE, driving business continuity and risk reduction in virtualized environments. In addition, the solution integrates with VMware vCenter™ Server tools for diagnostics, provisioning and traffic management to further ensure and simplify unified communications continuity.
- A simplified, open path: With Avaya Aura VE, businesses continue to benefit from the same open standards approach driven by Avaya Aura. In addition, virtualization allows businesses to easily expand UC functions and users without adding new equipment, and do so quickly by cutting deployment times from hours to minutes. Companies with VMware cloud infrastructure in their data centers can now integrate Avaya Aura applications onto their existing server environment, further simplifying UC virtualization.
- Agile customer service operations: Avaya Aura extends virtualization to its call center application, Call Center Elite. With less equipment required, companies can add contact center agents more swiftly and cost-effectively based on seasonal, sales and purchasing trends. This brings the unique ability to improve the oversight and delivery of customer service using virtualization.
Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment: Key Components
The Avaya Aura® platform is a next-generation solution for mobile collaboration, and is comprised of the following components, now available in virtualized versions:
- Avaya Aura Communication Manager is the open, highly-reliable and next-generation communications foundation for Avaya’s UC solutions.
- Avaya Session Manager provides a SIP based core communication architecture for on-demand access to collaboration services and applications.
- Avaya Application Enablement Services provides developer interfaces for both off-the-shelf and custom integrations with communica¬tions and business applications.
- Avaya Aura Presence Services delivers scalable, high performance presence aggregation service.
- Avaya Agile Communications Environment enables application integration with business communications processes.
- Avaya Aura Call Center Elite is part of the company’s contact center suite, and the leading call-routing software for contact centers.
“Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment helps us deliver collaboration and customer experience capabilities in a faster, more efficient way. We virtualized our entire core UC infrastructure, while retaining the continuity and resiliency required to keep a busy 1,400 employee company like ours operating in real-time."
Joe McCorkle, Director, IT UC/Voice Services, RealPage, Inc. a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) products and services for the rental housing industry
Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware
Irwin Lazar, vice president and service director, UC and Collaboration, Nemertes Research
Gary E. Barnett, senior vice president & general manager, Collaboration Platforms, Avaya
- According to IDC, 75 percent of organizations said virtualization is considered for the default build of new server hardware.3
- The top concern preventing companies from increasing virtualization is reliability, according to V-Index, a virtualization industry quarterly survey.4
- Avaya Aura VE will be included in Avaya’s current Triple 7 Promotion, which helps customers of the Avaya CS1000 platform move to an Avaya Aura solution.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com/uk/.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov . Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise