One of the advantages of having a large ecosystem of DevConnect Technology Partners is the wealth of solutions that become available to our customers, helping them meet their business challenges or open new opportunities in customer service or employee collaboration. But one of the largest challenges that customers face in gaining these advantages often isn't a technical one, but rather a business process one -- as anyone who's had to source a large-scale solution involving contract negotiations and purchase orders across multiple vendors simultaneously can attest.
This week, I'm happy to say that we are taking a new step in enabling our customer base with the introduction of the DevConnect Select Product Program (SPP). The DevConnect Select Product Program addresses the key pain point customers (and Avaya Connect Partners) face when sourcing end-to-end multi-vendor collaboration solutions by streamlining the order and billing aspects of the deal under Avaya.
DevConnect Select Products (and services) have been strategically selected from among the hundreds of DevConnect Compliance-tested solutions available from our Technology Partners. The process for acquiring these products in conjunction with a larger Avaya-centered solution, or even standalone, recognizes that our DevConnect Technology Partners best understand their own products, and are in a unique position to provide superior implementation and support.
We've taken a more collaborative approach that makes it simple for our customers and channel partners to engage directly with the DevConnect Technology Partner for product positioning and pre-/post-sales support, while simplifying the purchasing steps for customers by being able to offer both Avaya and third-party products and services on a single invoice.
Greg Zweig, Director of Corporate Marketing for vBrick (one of our initial Select Product partners), made the following comment to me regarding the Select Product Program:
To be fair to Avaya this is a pretty bold step for a market leader. It reflects a changing dynamic in the organization and a reflection that markets are moving fast and Avaya isn't sitting still. This program says - hold it - we are agile and we really believe in the value of an ecosystem. You are solving your customer's problems and doing it in a way that offers best of breed choices and simplifies life for your resellers.
With announcement of the program, I'm pleased to recognize the following DevConnect Technology Partner solutions as the initial set of Select Products (and looking forward to additional announcements in the coming weeks and months of even more...)
- Integrated Research's Prognosis VoIP Monitor & Management software for Avaya Aura® Communication Manager monitors voice quality, availability and VoIP performance, enabling users to identify and resolve issues before they affect business or customers. Prognosis IP Telephony Manager enables support personnel to reduce trouble tickets, optimize resource utilization, and reduce operation costs. Key business drivers for Prognosis products are: (1) minimize expensive outages; (2) improve user perception and satisfaction; (3) ensure new technology success; and (4) optimize IT operations and resources.
- In many cases involving a PBX or IP-PBX, a third-party service provider is required to ensure that accurate location information is sent to the correct public safety answering point during a 911 call. There are multiple variables to address in verifying that every endpoint within an organization is included within the solution. CrisisConnect® from 911 ETC integrates with Avaya Aura Communication Manager to provide an automated, affordable and sustainable CAMA, PRI or SIP E911 solution for the end-user. CrisisConnect is a fully hosted E911 solution that includes a project manager to oversee an organization's E911 implementation and then continues with fully managed, monthly E911 maintenance and service for the end-user.
- Conveyant Systems' Sentry E9-1-1 Solutions provides the features and functionality enterprises require in order to provide a safe work environment and limit liability in an emergency. Conveyant's robust Sentry E9-1-1 solution provides location discovery technology and on-site notification to the enterprise. Sentry is web-based, intuitive, and easy to use - and is an affordable solution that can be sized and priced for any environment and budget. Conveyant's solution is kept simple, keeping the costs and complexity to a minimum.
- Communication Resources Inc's IS-ACE is a turnkey single server VMware® deployment of Avaya Agile Communication Environment™ (ACE). IS-ACE reduces total cost of ownership with fewer servers required for the implementation of Avaya ACE, which results in savings in hardware maintenance, power consumption and IT costs. Additionally, IS-ACE simplifies ACE installations with a pre-loaded and configured server delivered to the user, with remote support from CRI to connect the server to the user's network.
- VBrick Systems' IP Video solutions connect a presenter or an entire event to an audience using video. It may be a live executive broadcast or webcast, an instructor teaching a class, or the launch of a new product. It could as easily involve networking TV channels to an employee's desktop, or conveying a message to digital signs throughout a building or campus. In all cases, VBrick solutions can record that video content, store it and make it easy to search and watch later on a TV, PC, smartphone or tablet.
- DATEL's CallSweet! and CallSweet! Live solutions complements Avaya IP Office in order to provide small to medium-sized organizations with both the telephony solution to best meet their needs and integrated multi-channel management tools that enable organizations to better manage their interactions with customers. With Call SWEET! Live, Call SWEET! Call Accounting, Voice Recording, Automated Dialer, CRM Integration and Click-to-Dial, DATEL provides an all encompassing solution.
- Xima Chronicall is a Call History, Call Recording, and Real-Time Reporting suite designed specifically for Avaya IP Office. Chronicall offers a revolutionary set of features designed to overcome the limitations of traditional call history and reporting software. With a thin-client web interface, Chronicall is simple to deploy and scale. A single, straightforward site license allows customers to report on ALL agents, groups, trunks, and extensions with absolutely no additional IP Office configuration steps.
- NMS Adaptive CTI Integration products are a suite of computer telephony applications that enhance the functionality of Avaya IP Office. All the Adaptive applications are built in to a single software package, allowing customers to choose which applications to buy and license through a software key. Each product can be used as a stand-alone application or combined with some or all of the others. Adaptive products available through Avaya are Adaptive SMB Contact Center Bundle, Adaptive CTI Basic (Site License), Adaptive CTI Professional, Adaptive Desktop SMS, Adaptive Office Bundle, Adaptive Hybrid Call Recorder, Adaptive Progressive and Predictive Dialers, Adaptive Outbound Call Center, Adaptive Messaging, and Adaptive Web Assist.
Avaya customers interested in these DevConnect Select Products should talk with their Avaya Connect channel partner or Avaya account teams. Posted 6 Mar 2012 at 07:31 AM